Reseller main domain name

RR600

Verified User
So I create a reseller as admin, system asked me a domain name so I just provided it.
Now I change the access level as reseller and the account is not listed there.
How do I handle that account then?

You have to login as the reseller you created and then switch to user level.

Resellers manage users.
Users manage domains.

I think I found it, I'm not sure if it's the skin or something else but it's really confusing.

You said you created a reseller with that domain. Therefore in order to see the domain you have to login as that reseller. Admin doesn't have control over that domain.

No go back and after you login as the reseller switch the the user level.

Its not confusing. Cpanel is confusing.

Admin Level manages resellers.
Reseller Level manages users.
User Level manages domains.

Its not confusing at all.

It's also my opinion that there is nothing confusing about it.

Admin can also manage DNS of all domains and view al users. As admin you can directly login as the user.
But it's the most logic setup.

I don't find cPanel confusing either. In fact it works the same. Main domain changes like DNS can be done directly by Admin, just like possible with DA.
Real domain changes like changing email adresses and mysql databases and passwords, you login as the user.

The only difference is that in DA, the Admin can also have a domain and customers himself, and this way he is also reseller as well as user, hence the access levels in admin.
Once you know this, it shouldn't be confusing anymore.

That's just your opinion.
And DA being confusing is just your opinion. Perhaps you would rather go back in time and do it all without a control panel like I did and can still do. I don't need a control panel at all. I know how stuff works. When you learn how stuff works then DA makes more sense to you and you can see where Cpanel has strayed from the normal way of doing things such as adding domains within another domain.

When you learn how stuff works then DA makes more sense to you

Bullshit, a bad designed UI is a bad designed UI, and has nothing to do with the user knowing what is going on in the backend.

Then stop using it.

Why would I do that? In general I'm very happy with the software, I just pointed what IMO is a flaw.
We could have discussed it in a productive way, but you got butthurt and started hating.

@ any mod, feel free to close the thread. Thanks.

Why would I do that? In general I'm very happy with the software, I just pointed what IMO is a flaw.
We could have discussed it in a productive way, but you got butthurt and started hating.

@ any mod, feel free to close the thread. Thanks.

Ok OK

You have a GUI / UX yes or no like it or learn to work with this.

Also there are help files and docu.

Other software needs mostly a other aproach and getting used to it is then also a normal thing. ( and if one is used to it then normally problems are gone, if not and for more users so then ok GUI UX maybe needs a change)

Yup also normal then you can have a opinion about that is free for all. ;)

I always use a "fake not existing extra sub domain" for resselers account i find that more easy to handle if one delete or want to move domain.

so if hostname is yourhost.serverdomain.tld i use yourhostfake.serverdomain.tld or whatever yup emailadres you have to use one real existing.
This "fake" i then use also for the reverse ipv6 for those resellers. ( i give resellers own ipv6 so and not having to do changes for reverse ip when domain from reseller move delete also more handy , less work after)

Last edited:
I just pointed what IMO is a flaw.

From what I read you seem to think that you should be able to manage all domains from the one admin user. If that is true then we can have a meaningful conversion about it. But after I explain something to you and then you say it's just my opinion that makes it personal and demeaning.

Look at how many posts Richard and I have made and long we have been here. We both volunteer our time to help people. We do not get paid or get any other incentive to do this. You should listen. I believe you came here for help. But if you came here to just be critical, well we don't have time for that.

I don't mind criticism as long as it is productive criticism and can lead to improvement. However keep in mind that different people have different views on how things should work so DA can not make everybody happy.
However "that's just your opinion" and calling things bullshit instead of just stating you don't agree, makes things an improductive discussion. I surely agree with floyd.

I also tried to explain the differences (which aren't there except 1 thing). Some things take getting used to. Working differently is not a bad design by default. Seems most of us DA users don't find it a bad design. Freel free to make a feature request if you find it should work like you want it.

Back