DirectAdmin 1.62.8 has been released

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the DirectAdmin 1.62.8 release.

This version includes a couple of bug-fixes and some internal upgrades, change-log can be found here:
DirectAdmin 1.62.8

The most notable features would be - depreciation of suid mode for main directadmin binary, refactored brute-force accounting mechanism and a security fix.

Let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks!
fln

Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the DirectAdmin 1.62.8 release.

This version includes a couple of bug-fixes and some internal upgrades, change-log can be found here:
DirectAdmin 1.62.8

The most notable features would be - depreciation of suid mode for main directadmin binary, refactored brute-force accounting mechanism and a security fix.

Let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks!
fln
I noticed since this update I have a login key under my admin account "rootauth", also on a clean install, so It's safe to assume this is a DirectAdmin thing? if not I should be worried :oops:

I noticed since this update I have a login key under my admin account "rootauth", also on a clean install, so It's safe to assume this is a DirectAdmin thing? if not I should be worried :oops:
No worries, this is internal DA login key. All operations performed from cli are under the hood executed via API calls using this login key. One notable example is directadmin --DocumentRoot.

This login key is managed by DA service. Having root access on the server you could easily get admin access to DA using this login key with directadmin --root-auth-url. DA managed login key for other accounts could be acquired with directadmin --root-auth-url-for=username.

okay, that's good then. Perhaps add it to the documentation that the key is added.

hello;
I updated directadmin version 1.62.9000
phpmyadmin auto login not working after update.
How can I fix it?

Back