Git For DirectAdmin Accounts

Abhishek_Kundu

Hello,
Presently I have a VPS with DirectAdmin control-panel.

How can I offer Git to my existing clients having DA accounts hosted in my server (CentOS)?

Does DA come with any Git plugin similar to cPanel?

Kindest,
Abhishek

Feature has been released to the alpha channel for Pro Pack, to give it a try:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto alpha

Reactions: cjd
@smtalk Any documentation (even if it's just basic and incomplete), interested in trying this out. Would be nice to pull in projects directly from my gitlab dev server.

It would be better to have complete documentation with a screenshot of how this Git Manager works. Still have not been teased with these features mainly due to lack of documentation or demo. I know what GIT is and currently, I'm using it to sync most of my webapps via terminal. But I don't get any ideas how this git manager would beat the traditional way of using git in the terminal.

It's there in alpha channel for testing purposes only, we hope to get it released/documented next week :)

@smtalk Okie dokie :) I know what I will be doing this weekend, see if I can figure it out. Does it roughly follow other implementations that I found online with a yaml config file?

OK figured out the basics. :) Seems pretty straight forward, I can work with this. Something to play with for the weekend. Hoping there's some kind of scripts that can be run when doing a deploy, variables (environment, public_html path, etc...). Next seeing how it works with gitlab as it's source.

@smtalk Any news on documentation? Been playing with it, it seems really handy so far for deploying from my gitlab server. Any news on the documentation? Even if it's a little rough that's fine for a start. Let everyone start to work with it and test it out. Hoping there's some kind of scripting/variables/etc for the deploy. Be nice if it has the capability to clean out files not referenced in the git repo (with excludes), or maybe just be able to run some bash scripts before/after the deploy to do it.

Back