Dovecot won't compile Custombuild 2.0

abletec

Verified User
Last night my Dovecot broke, ie, I was getting protocol errors regarding Sieve. So I decided to do a reinstall of Dovecot sans Pigeonhole, using Custombuild, & now I'm receiving the following:
doveadm: Symbol `hash_method_md5' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking doveadm: Symbol `hash_method_sha256' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
doveadm: symbol lookup error: doveadm: undefined symbol: fs_last_error

Pretty messed up. Anyone got any suggestions re: fixing this?

Try building via SSH and see if that works better.
As root.
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build dovecot

Thanks, Richard G, but that's how I always use Custombuild. If I can use the cli, I use the cli. DA has accessibility problems, anything I can do to mitigate those & not have to fight w/all that, that's what I do. So that's precisely what I did that netted me the error :(.

Ah oke, lots of rather new users on the forums use the Custombuild plugin so I thought you were talking about that.

Did you uninstall pigeonhole?
./build set pigeonhole no ./build remove_items
because maybe some of pigeonhole is left somewhere. Maybe the remove_item takes care of that.

After this another try both exim and dovecot like:
./build update ./build exim ./build dovecot

If that doesn't work, then I don't know, then somebody else has to give it a try or maybe send in a ticket if possible.

Ah oke, lots of rather new users on the forums use the Custombuild plugin so I thought you were talking about that.

Did you uninstall pigeonhole?
./build set pigeonhole no ./build remove_items
because maybe some of pigeonhole is left somewhere. Maybe the remove_item takes care of that.

After this another try both exim and dovecot like:
./build update ./build exim ./build dovecot

If that doesn't work, then I don't know, then somebody else has to give it a try or maybe send in a ticket if possible.

Hi, Richard. Actually uninstalling Pigeonhole because of Sieve errors, was what led to this whole debacle to begin with. Lol. Maybe I'll try the remove items subcommand & see if that doesnt just nuclear everything. Perhaps a fresh start is required. For some reason Sieve has always been problematic. It seems like a good thing to have, but it's always thrown errors on my system, for whatever reason.

1 thing I did notice was that Custombuild did download a 1.x Dovecot configuration file, but I suspect maybe the script just does that for backup purposes? Seems kind of archaic now. & it didnt seem to do anything except sit there in the Custombuild directory, ie, the remaining config files were for version 2. Dunno.

Hello Richard & all. First, I wanted to say thanks for helping, 2nd I wanted to say I resolved this, & 3rd I just wanted to give a brief explanation as to what I did in order to help others who might encounter a similar problem. It seems so simple now, it's like why did I not do this earlier <facepalm>. I guess I'm still learning about the workings of Directadmin. I think I was also scared that doing this would be irreversible, as forum posts suggested that this was a 1-way trip, although I think that was likely only being said about conversion to maildir.

The first thing I did was to remove Dovecot following the instructions at:

I then reversed the process, ie, I set Dovecot to yes in the options.config file, ran:
./build dovecot
& it flew like an eagle.

Thanks again, Richard. Now--if anyone has any insight as to whether or not I should reinstall Pigeonhole (it always seems to throw errors), I'd be happy to listen. Seems to me in my reading of the forums, Richard, that even you had problems w/this, so I'm anxious to hear others' thoughts on the matter.

Thanks again, all.

Back