How to force deleting a domain zone from other multi servers if the zone is already deleted from server

TmpInquisitiveOne

Hi!

Sometimes there is a situation like that: there is a server "A" which uses multi servers "X" and "Y". User of server "A" added domain.com to his account, so "domain.com.db" zone was created in /var/named on server "A". Also, this zone has been propagated to multi servers "X" and "Y" because multi server is enabled. Then later, user deleted that domain.com from his account. Directadmin deleted the domain, removed domain.com.db zone file and also tried to delete this zone from multi servers. But there was a connectivity problems and DA on server "A" could not connect to multi servers "X" and "Y". So domain.com zone is still on servers "X" and "Y".

I want to write a script that will run on server "A" and will let me retry deleting domain.com zone from servers "X" and "Y" (multi servers), despite the fact that this domain is no longer existing on server "A" where I am running this script. I tried doing:

echo "action=delete&value=domain&requestedby=admin&select0=domain.com" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

but it is not working, probably because domain.com has already been deleted from server A, and is not on that server when I want to run this script. So the DirectAdmin is not sending a request to multi servers X and Y to tell them again to delete this domain's zone.

How is directadmin sending request to delete domain.com to multi servers? If I knew that, I could do that manually in my script. How can I do that?

Last edited:
Back