DirectAdmin v1.63.9 has been released

I'm seeing a new problem that I believe started in 1.63.9.

I cannot use the "Compress and download" feature in the File Manager. I'm greeted with an error in console:
Code:
TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'd["a"].state.session.serverValues')

It seems to affect the public demo installation of DirectAdmin as well. Willing to try any troubleshooting if necessary!

We lost the ability to login to admin. I can log into our client's sub accounts, but when you try to log into root the login loops until you are blacklisted. Can someone please help us with this issue? We are web designers, and all of our clients are on this VPS.

Hello everyone,

I'm using centos 7 from the last release.

After the (automatic) DA update from 1.63.8 to 1.63.9 everything works theoretically but I have a problem logging into the DA panel on the ADMIN account. I have the same problem as @afreshup.

I re-updated today but no changes. During the looping I can press the ESC key and then I get on the screen what is shown on the attached screen

I have a lot of entries in the error.log file even if I don't press ESC on my keyboard.

2022: 04: 23-15: 23: 46: Send: sendData (/): attempted to send 1655 bytes, but only 0 were delivered
2022: 04: 23-15: 23: 46: Socket write error: fd is connected to a pipe or socket whose reading end is closed. When this happens the writing process will also receive a SIG_PIPE signal. (Thus, the write return value is seen only if the program catches, blocks or ignores this signal.)
2022: 04: 23-15: 23: 46: Error reading from 0.0.0.0: Cannot find first space after where GET or POST should be <br>

Everything only happens on the skin of the evolution. I cannot access the ticket system.

Regards,

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    980 KB · Views: 18
There is an bug in the new updated we installed 2 DA for Clients today but file manager is not working we are uploading files after uploading is done file doesn't appears in file manager

I found a temporary solution to my looped login problem.

in the skin.conf file in the directory: /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/evolution

in version 1.63.8 I had an entry:
version = master-1469

in version 1.63.9 the entry is:
version = develop-1885

when i replace skin.conf entry and i'll remove session file from /usr/local/directadmin/data/sessions and restart the directadmin by

service systemctl restart directadmin

then I can log in to the admin account.

Performing some operations on the page (for example: show all users) I get a message in the lower right corner with an orange background:

You cannot execute that command
The request you've made cannot be executed because it does not exist in your authority level

I see an entry in the security.log file:
*** User admin tried to execute / CMD_JSON_OPTIONS ***

I am waiting for some advice from the masters. :)
Regards

The amount of bugs in the new DA versions is crazy. I miss the times when instead of a updates every week and reinventing the wheel it was just a simple, stable panel.

Hello again
I couldn't sleep because the problem was bothering me: P

Why did the user or reseller function properly and only the ADMIN had a problem? My temporary solution stopped working this morning. In desperation I changed the skin to enchanced and created a new administrator account - admin2. After a short trace I saw a few changes to the user.conf file in /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin2.

I copied user.conf in the ../users/admin directory and BANG! Everything works fine.

Another short trace and found that the problem. It was trivial:

wordpress=off changed to wordpress=OFF.

Everything works again on admin account... I'm going to sleep: P

Cheers.

@cocoban78, field version in the skin.conf is only used for cache-busting (making Evo notice new version is available and all assets need to be re-downloadd). Changing would only make Evolution reload all assets instead of using locally cached ones.

Glad to hear it you tracked it down to `wordpress=off` instead of `wordpress=OFF`. Config values in the user.conf are case sensitive.

Such errors should be visible in the DA log, example:

Code:
root@server:~# journalctl -u directadmin -f
-- Logs begin at Sat 2022-04-23 06:04:01 EDT. --
Apr 24 06:20:58 server.example.net directadmin[21087]: 2022/04/24 06:20:58 error authenticating basic-auth error=field wordpress: unexpeced value: off username=admin
Apr 24 06:21:20 server.example.net directadmin[21087]: 2022/04/24 06:21:20 error authenticating basic-auth error=field wordpress: unexpeced value: off username=admin

Do you have any ideas how off value could have gotten into user.conf? DA service itself would always write it in uppercase form as OFF. Tracking the source of the issue could help us prevent similar issues in the future.

Glad to hear it you tracked it down to `wordpress=off` instead of `wordpress=OFF`. Config values in the user.conf are case sensitive.

Thnx. I'm happy. DA works properly and customers don't get tired on Sunday afternoon ;)

Such errors should be visible in the DA log, example:

Code:
root@server:~# journalctl -u directadmin -f
-- Logs begin at Sat 2022-04-23 06:04:01 EDT. --
Apr 24 06:20:58 server.example.net directadmin[21087]: 2022/04/24 06:20:58 error authenticating basic-auth error=field wordpress: unexpeced value: off username=admin
Apr 24 06:21:20 server.example.net directadmin[21087]: 2022/04/24 06:21:20 error authenticating basic-auth error=field wordpress: unexpeced value: off username=admin

Sure! It is. I was suggesting logs only /var/log/directadmin/ and they are also in /var/log/messages

Code:
directadmin: 2022/04/24 10:20:50 error authenticating session    error=field wordpress: unexpeced value: off

I completely ignored this place, sorry.

Do you have any ideas how off value could have gotten into user.conf? DA service itself would always write it in uppercase form as OFF. Tracking the source of the issue could help us prevent similar issues in the future.

Yes. I have a theory. I took over the server from someone who no longer wanted to deal with it. I never liked DA :) because I wanted to do everything manually. However, customers got used to these solutions and were outraged by the fact that I wanted to disable this solution.

Until March 2022 DA server was running on a neglected server with 5.11 centos :) The DA version has not been updated since 2013. Eventually it turned out that changing the license key method in DA made me manually migrate the DA configuration with customer data and install it on the new machine. When I saw the new graphic design (evolution) DA I liked it;) So it stayed and that's good :)

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

The amount of bugs in the new DA versions is crazy. I miss the times when instead of a updates every week and reinventing the wheel it was just a simple, stable panel.
Well, I'm out of the hosting business now thankfully, just have a VPS for my own sites/projects....... We can blame cPanel pricing changes for all these issues - everyone flocked over here, demanded DA to "look" like cPanel, then Evo skin became BLOATED like cPanel's....... I miss Enhanced, but it's broken now, some features missing, etc.

@fln

There also seems to be a permission issue with home/tmp directory which stops restoring sites on new servers.

hi everyone, we prepared a new Evolution version with fixes for:
  • Compress and download menu entry in File Manager now works
  • Some email related features were visible (but non-functional) for users not having access to email
And was ready for a release but just noticed @Jayjayuk message. You mean restoring accounts from backups?

hi everyone, we prepared a new Evolution version with fixes for:
  • Some email related features were visible (but non-functional) for users not having access to email
And was ready for a release but just noticed @Jayjayuk message. You mean restoring accounts from backups?
Yep from backups, did 3 different servers over the weekend, all needed home/tmp changing to 1777 I think off the top of my head to be able to restore.

@Jayjayuk have you noticed what permissions did this dir had before? Because actually on each install or upgrade we are setting /home/tmp to 1777. It is done by da permissions (used to be /usr/loca/directadmin/directadmin p). That is why I wrote it off as some accidental miss-configuration not related to the upgrade.

You can check this out with:

Code:
# chmod 0444 /home/tmp
# stat /home/tmp
Access: (0444/dr--r--r--)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (    0/    root)
# da p
# stat /home/tmp
Access: (1777/drwxrwxrwt)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (    0/    root)

And da p is part of upgrade procedure after new tarball is extracted, so if anything upgrade should fix it rather than break it.

Will see if I can find some other (not upgrade related) action that would change /home/tmp permissions. My hypothesis is that some not yet known (but popular) action messes up permissions but DA upgrade gets blamed.

@fln

They were all fresh installs. All had the same issue on different servers.

I didn’t note the previous permissions, but if the install is the same I guess it would happen again.

Both DA install and DA upgrade scripts makes sure /home/tmp is 1777 so it is not directly related to this upgrade. If anyone is able to find this issue again please fill a ticket in our support system. We will be able to investigate the issue further.

For now I pushed Evolution upgrade, new DA 1.63.9 build is d70b0dc358e928045ca87a791ec0be9bc1a4734a, it includes only new Evolution with the following fixes:

@Peter Laws couple of comments regarding the current state of Evolution.

I agree that current version of Evolution might sometimes feel clunky and this is exactly what we are working on improving it. Despite Evolution being JS based single-page-application it still forced to use the same API and skin system as older skins like Enhanced.

We are working on upgrading the API and skin system for Evolution to unlock its full potential.

Old skins are not broken, but they do not receive any new features.

@fln I can confirm that the Compress and download feature in File Manager fixed in the newest build.

Thanks for the incredibly fast resolution! Much appreciated.

Back