DirectAdmin v1.641 has been released

@fln Thanks for the fix.
But I still found another one.

When scrolling in the edit/create login key page sometimes the allowed/denied calls disapere.

1.jpg2.jpeg

I've updated earlier today (1.5 -2 hours ago) to the latest (current) 1.641 build, but after that DA didn't want to load anymore after I switched from admin (Evolution) to a user (Enhanced). The latest didn't load except for some images (maybe in local cache), but logging out or something didn't work. I've rolled back to an older version (1.640) via CLI (was my first time, but read the
Code:
da update 8c3f499aab9e9b51feb3e1fcb07de4138c858f67
command in a previous comment in this thread. After that DA was working again. So I'm not sure if there's a bug in the latest release or something else went wrong (can't think of anything).

If more information is needed, please give me the correct commands and/or show the location of the logs with the information about the performed updates (versions) and errors.

@JosKlever it would help us a lot if you would open a support ticket and shared SSH access to the machine where update breaks Evolution. Alternatively it would be great if you would share /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/{user}/skin_customizations/evolution/config.json file with us, where {user} is the admin or reseller account that does not work after upgrade.

DA gets more updates than Windows 10, even little bugs like Windows 11..... Hotfixes nearly every few days......

Bring back the good old days, where DA was simple and had CB just to do updates via bash..... No Evo skin........ I know things need evolving (pun intended), just I just read about bugs every time I visit here....... Lucky I only have one active license now, so I don't log into DA frequently.

FWIW, why still have the Enhanced skin when most new features are Evo based......

Hi @fln,
I'm not going to share SSH access, but I've checked the location you mentioned and there are no config.json files for any user. There is a user_options.json though. So maybe that's what you need?
JSON:
{"da:options/standard-2021-layout/active-widgets":"[\"WGT_ADDITIONAL_DOMAINS\",\"WGT_USER_BLOCKS\",\"WGT_DB\",\"WGT_EMAIL_POP\"]","da:options/standard-2021-layout/frequent-routes":"[[\"/user/messages\",3],[\"/admin/updates\",2]]","da:options/standard-2021-layout/navigation/type":"\"list\"","da:options/skin/layout":"\"standard2021\"","da:options/tables/density":"\"condensed\"","da:options/standard-2021-layout/list-menu-extended":"false","da:options/tables/ipp":"100"}

File user_options.json should not have caused it. Reading the initial report I do not think it is related to Evolution customizations as well. The upgrade should not affect Ehnaced in any way. Without access to the server we can not investigate this further.

I haven't made customizations, so I don't think so either.
So the best option is to try to do the update again and hope it will work now? Is there a log I could check if something is wrong again?
As I said I can't give SSH access. The only way to have a look would be a video call where you can tell me what to check. If that's an option, you can send me a DM.

Some Evolution related issues can be detected by using browser developer tools, checking console and network requests. Backend related errors are visible in directadmin service systemd journal log or files /var/log/directadmin/*.

I've just updated again to the latest 1.641 version and now it's working. I've checked the logs and didn't find any lines about the failed backup, so I've no idea what went wrong. I did have the following lines in error.log:
Code:
2022:06:04-11:49:35: Socket write error: Unknown error: Connection reset by peer
2022:06:04-11:49:35: Socket write error: Unknown error: Connection reset by peer
2022:06:04-11:49:35: Error while sending file. Sent 50
2022:06:04-11:49:35: Error while sending file. Sent 65
2022:06:04-11:50:03: Socket write error: Unknown error: Connection reset by peer
2022:06:04-11:50:03: Error while sending file. Sent 57
(repeating a couple of more times until I did a rollback)

DA gets more updates than Windows 10, even little bugs like Windows 11..... Hotfixes nearly every few days......

Bring back the good old days, where DA was simple and had CB just to do updates via bash..... No Evo skin........ I know things need evolving (pun intended), just I just read about bugs every time I visit here....... Lucky I only have one active license now, so I don't log into DA frequently.

FWIW, why still have the Enhanced skin when most new features are Evo based......
Solution: more testing, less updates to accomodate.

In 1.641 it seems we are missing IPv4 and IPv6 adresses linked to users.
In the user list (admin level) we only see IPv4 for most and only IPv6 for some. When logged in at user level only one IP (IPv4 or IPv6) is linked but the websites remain available via both IPv4 and IPv6. Looking at IP management the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are both still linked to the applicable user. the httpd.conf also shows both ipadresses linked to the host. is this a known bug?

2022:06:15-00:10:40: IP IPv6:ADDRESS has a status of 'owned', but there are 0 Users currently using it
errortaskq.log contains errors for all IPv6 addresses which are not showing up at the user like the above message

Please let me ask.
does directadmin login have 2 step verification function?
Is it possible to install 2-step verification via 3rd app for directadmin login?
Thank.

Please let me ask.
does directadmin login have 2 step verification function?
Is it possible to install 2-step verification via 3rd app for directadmin login?
Thank.
Two step authentication is included in DirectAdmin.

You can find more information in the documentation: Securing DirectAdmin.

It works very well. My only request would be to add the “autocomplete=one-time-code” to the two step authentication login page so our devices can autofill the code.

Curious if there's a roadmap for WP Manager to make it more competitive with the competition or if it's just going to be a smaller part to add some quality of life when not using something like softaculous? So far liking the changes, only missing a few more features before it replaces softaculous for me.

Curious if there's a roadmap for WP Manager to make it more competitive with the competition or if it's just going to be a smaller part to add some quality of life when not using something like softaculous? So far liking the changes, only missing a few more features before it replaces softaculous for me.
May you list the features that you are missing there?

May you list the features that you are missing there?
The main ones I would love to have is below
- Create staging domain (The main drawback of softalocus is you need to make the subdomain first, Would be amazing to have it as a 1 click and DA automatically make the subdomain)
- One-Click Backup/Restore (Just a bit of usability for end-users)
- View files in File Manager/ Redirect to File Manager (I know clicking the file path does this, but having it in a list or a row of buttons with backup, staging, update might be cleaner)

Nice to haves
- Select PHP Version
- See WP, Theme or Plugin update availability
- Plugin Sets or pre-configured themes

Hope you take the staging one on board if any, Would love to simplify the process to one click :)

- Create staging domain (The main drawback of softalocus is you need to make the subdomain first, Would be amazing to have it as a 1 click and DA automatically make the subdomain)
- View files in File Manager/ Redirect to File Manager (I know clicking the file path does this, but having it in a list or a row of buttons with backup, staging, update might be cleaner)

Nice to haves
- Select PHP Version

Hope you take the staging one on board if any, Would love to simplify the process to one click :)
I completely agree.

Nice to haves
- Select PHP Version

The first one has been implemented in Plesk AFAIK.
A good idea if that can also be implemented here as well.

It is already there,
When you logged in as user its literally 1 button to backup and restore you can even choose what to backup or restore

Back