E-mail forwarding and pop3 e-mail account question

TheDon

Verified User
Hi,

As a new user to DA after being with Cpanel for many years I am still trying to get my head arround DA.

DirectAdmin v1.27.3

I have a couple of questions regarding fuctions on DA which I used in Cpanel but can't seem to implement in DA.

1. I want to be able to set up multipule e-mail forwarders for the same e-mail address is this possible and if so how?

Example:

[email protected] ----> [email protected]

When I try doing this in DA basically it just overwrites the first forwarder and wont let me add anymore forwarders for that e-mail.

2. I want to be able to have a pop3 e-mail account set up with mulitpule forwarders, but I also want the email account to keep a copy of the forwarded e-mail.

Example: like above for example, but there will also keep a copy of the e-mail in the pop3 account that is created.

I was able to both these things in cpanel I wondering if this is possible in DA and if so how and if not is there a hack that can be implemented and also if not can it be added to the next version.

I have done a seach and found some info regarding editing exim.conf but found nothing relating to my questions above.

At present i run a dedicated server were it is no problem for me to implement any changes I need to do at root level to achive what I require, but I also have a resellers account which i need the fuctions on, so if the above is possible would like to know what I need to request my host to change.

Thanks in advance to anyone what has a solution for this.

I see I posted in the wrong forum, can someone please move it to email thanks

Hi,

Not sure about (1) without editing config files directly.

2) To make it keep the emails it forwards simpll create the POP account as well. It should then store and forward.

Peter

Peter Verrill said:

2) To make it keep the emails it forwards simpll create the POP account as well. It should then store and forward.

Peter

I blieve you are correct thanks, does anyone have any help regarding point 1 ?

Thanks

Back