Email piping

Tazzman

Verified User
Anybody care to write a quick HOWTO on email piping with Direct Admin. I'm just looking for the location of the alias files, but I can't seem to find the right one. I'm sure that given time and experimenting I'll find it, but maybe somebody can save me a little bit of effort.

Just trying to set up email piping with the Esupport helpdesk. Tried just adding a forwarder as you would do with Cpanel, but it will only accept email addresses as forwarders. Maybe this can be changed in a future release? Would be easier that SSH'ing in and changing alias files all the time.

Hello,

Aliases:

/etc/virtual/domain.com/aliases

As for piping, if you paste a sample of what you want to be able to add, I can let it through the form checking.

John

Basicly just allow forwarding to a script located on the server. For Esupport is would be something like this:

"|/home/path/to/esupport/admin/pop3pipe.php"

Hi, you can just add this to your /etc/virtual/domain.com/aliases :
something: |/home/logics/domains/domain.com/public_html/path/to/automail.pl

something is your helpdesk email addr (could be [email protected]) just use the "support"

hope it will help :)

regards,

i know, but as far as i know i don't have access to /etc/virtual/domain.com/aliases as reseller

When the feature comes out, you'll be able to do it using a forwarder. Note that you'll need to have quotes around the pipe:

"|/pipe/command"

and not

|/pipe/command

John

i just tried this option, but can't get it to work

i created a forwarder:
Alias [email protected] -> "|/home/xxxxxx/domains/xxxxxxx.nl/public_html/cgi-bin/automail.pl" has been created
Click HERE to return to the forwards list

forwarder gets created fine, but when i send mail to [email protected] i get it bounced back with this:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx.nl/public_html/cgi-bin/automail.pl
generated by [email protected]
Child process of virtual_address_pipe transport returned 69 (could mean service or program unavailable) from command:
/home/xxxxxx/domains/xxxxxx.nl/public_html/cgi-bin/automail.pl

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

automail has chmod 777

i don'understand what you mean

are you saying it works for you? cause i can't get it to work in 1.202

The only change to DA for piping was to allow it through the form checking. Exim should have already supported it, so the script is probably exiting prematurely. Perhaps try just running the script manually to make sure it works...

John

I don't have a problem with piping working, infact it works to well.

I am getting 2 of everything. So if someone sends a support ticket in it gets created twice.

Even when I had the wrong permission on the programs script I would get a error message back listing the 2 attempts:
pipe to |/home/user/public_html/esupport/admin/pop3pipe.php
local delivery failed
pipe to |/home/user/public_html/esupport/admin/pop3pipe.php
local delivery failed

This is to any email address that is piped and also to any program using pipe.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hello,

The only thing I can think of is if the script isn't returning an exit code of 0 . Any non-zero value is considered to be an error, and exim might try to send it again.. Just a guess though.

John

Back