DirectAdmin through SSL

Ryan

Verified User
A few suggestions regarding SSL on DirectAdmin:

1) DirectAdmin should be accessible through SSL by default

2) When you set SSL=1 in the directadmin.conf file there should still be a way for the panel to be accessed without ssl (maybe on a seperate port?).

We would like to add this feature very much :) Right now however, its does not have high enough demand, so we'll look into adding it at a future date.

John

I think SSL as default would be better, although not sure why you would want the non-SSL login aswell?

I don't remember the specific reason right now but I remember a client I had a few months ago was unable to access ssl sites and specifically requested a host that had a control panel that could be used without SSL.

thats weird, I am taking a guess that he has more than likely unticked the ssl boxes in IE which would cause the problems..... how was he ordering? if it was online he would more than likely not have a choice than to go into secure space.

Maybe, I don't really remember. Some sites do allow you to place orders online with ssl. (amazon.com comes to mind.)

about 99.9% of online CC processors will only take your card under SSL. :p

Chris

There is an issue with either Safari or IE 6 on the Mac, where, by default, a user cannot view a site over a secured socket layer unless the certificate was purchased through verisign or some other big company. I had a client who ran into this problem while I was using Ensim.

Back