full credit to you guys, absolutely!!!

huey

(warning: long post!)

I have been evaluating control panel choices for some time and this is my conclusion: Directadmin is 99% of what I could ever hope for!

* Support *

You guys provide the fastest support I have ever seen in my entire life. You reply to my email in under 5 minutes always, and only once you weren't on your live chat. NOBODY can come close to this. Everyone reading this message should think hard about this, because when you need help these guys will be here.

* features *

Ok, I'm not saying Directadmin has every possible feature, because it doesnt. But it has all the important features and I like that you guys focused on that instead of creating something with a million useless features.

EVERYTHING my customers could ever need is in this panel and thats whats important. And they don't have to be rocket scientists to figure it out. I love how clean the layout is! I love that my customers can get my help right through the panel. I love that the control panel can fix itself if there is a problem!

* cost *

For what you get the price is very fair, especially if they keep updating their features. The only other panel I'd consider is cPanel and their price is way more than $44. The lifetime licenses are kind of expensive but I guess you'd save money in the long run.

* My suggestions *

I think Directadmin could be even better if you offered it for more operating systems. I would also like to see a feature that allows customer to do their own hosting, because some want to have 5 domains on one account.

And I just need to point out that I wrote this because this company deserves a pat on the back for writing such a great product. They didn't ask me to write this and I didn't have to write it. I can't wait to see what they will offer next!

Huey S.

Hi Huey,

Thanks for the review. To answer your questions:

DirectAdmin will be released for FreeBSD within the next few weeks. RedHat seemed to be the most popular OS at the time of development, so we started with that.

Users actually can host more than one domain on their account. If they click the "Advanced Tools" link from the main menu, they will see an option called "Host Additional Domains" -- this lets them host as many sites as they want on their account (to the limit you set in their package, of course). When they sign into the panel next time, they will need to click on the domain they want to work with.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Huey,

Just an addition the the response above.

After a new domain is created, you can also create a "domain" ftp account where the ftp account can access everything for that domain, but not the other domains in the User's account. This will allow the owner of the new domain to ftp his/her data to their domain without being able to modify any other domains. This is a very basic level of managing domains for other people and is not designed to be 100% protected from the other domains (for example a cgi script could access and change files on the other domains for that User's account, but not other DirectAdmin User's accounts, of course). However, if you are planning on doing many domains, it is highly recommended to just get a Reseller account, that's what it's there for.

I can also assure you that new features will be added to DirectAdmin as time goes on. This is the first base release so it can only grow from here.

Thanks,

John

Back