Additional software

ProWebUK

Verified User
having our current servers modified quite alot i was wondering how easy it is to intergrate some software / scripts with DirectAdmin

Below i have listed software that would most likely need to be installed and automated

// Urchin Web Analaytics Software

When we have our DirectAdmin servers i will have a go at hacking it slightly and try and get some new scripts such as auto-installers for a few poular scripts. (if we get this to work it will most likely be released as donation ware or freeware, that will be decided nearer the time :)

Regards
Chris

Hello,

DirectAdmin doesn't really rely on much, only that the files in the directadmin.conf file are correct. On top of that, you are free to customize anything as needed.

Urchin doesn't look like it should give DirectAdmin any troubles, and could even be integrated into your skins (depending on how its accessed).

If you have any question, you can send an email to [email protected] or use our live chat.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Urchin doesn't look like it should give DirectAdmin any troubles, and could even be integrated into your skins (depending on how its accessed).

Intrgrating it into the skin would work under certain circumstances, its been done with ensim, although that kinda has its own login system

Urchin can be set when you create sites, the default password and usernames can be any varibale passed through the system when you create a site.

With Ensim we have set it out like this:

username:
[USERNAME]@[SITE_NAME]

password
(i wont say ;) )

Basically password can be static eg

"password"

or dynamic, eg:

[ACCOUNT_PASSWORD]

If i setup URCHIN on DirectAdmin in the same way (it creates dynamic username and pass) it should be easily doable aslong as i can do the following

whilst in the site control panel the username and password for an account can be set as variables which will automatically be entered into urchin.

eg i would need to be able to make variables

$username = "|username|";
$password = "|password|";

that would just simple be passed through urchin which will also be under SSL

#################

if i get it done might sell urchin with our dedicated boxes for $50 fully setup, automated and with a license :D

Chris

Back