User creation & Writing issue

3v.

Verified User
When I want to add a user on DA then I get several errors (see attachment).

errorlog (/var/log/directadmin/error.log):
2005:05:11-15:48:48: Unable to create /home/testtest/domains/test.com
2005:05:11-15:48:48: Unable to copy /home/admin/domains/default to /home/testtest/domains/test.com/public_html : <b>A directory component in /home/testtest/domains/test.com/public_html does not exist or is a dangling symbolic link</b><br>
Unable to create the directory /home/testtest/domains/test.com/public_html<br>

2005:05:11-15:48:48: /etc/virtual/domainowners.temp didn't get written to!! it's size is 0! It will not be renamed to /etc/virtual/domainowners

Also, if I want to edit a file (e.g. 10kb) of one or another domain on the server with the build-in filemanager of DA then DA saves the file and after that it's empty (0 kb).

So it looks like DA can't write to the /home/ directory anymore.

Does anyone have some solutions?
Is it possible to install DA again over an existing DA-installation?

Attachments

• ohno.jpg
    ohno.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 279
Somewhere there's a permissions issue keeping DA from writing temporary files to permanent files.

Unless you've got another system to compare it with, it's probably time for an email to support.

Jeff

I've another server and already have compare it. But all the rights of the files and directories are the same.

But if I install DA again over the existing installation, is this possible and will this resolve my problems, or is an installation of this way impossible?

Probably won't resolve the issue. Linux OS keeps the same file permissions (unless the script executing the command deliberately changes the permissions). So installing over the top probably won't do it. Its always best to install DA on a clean OS install, not over the top of another control panel (including itself sometimes..)

Back