webmail

NickRac

Verified User
Sorry for not giving you a long post but I was reading through other posts and I too would like to see some form of webmail intergrated with DirectAdmin, DirectAdmin lacking this is one of the few things holding me back from purchasing it now.

I noticed:

/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/packages/webmail.tar.gz

README.TXT

----------------------------------------------------
OVERVIEW
----------------------------------------------------
UebiMiau is a web-based e-mail client written in PHP

;)

We *just* added webmail support. You should all see it in your e-mail menu now. More webmail clients are coming when we have the time!

Mark

?? i dont see it ??

weird, i added a new user and i saw it, but when i logged in as admin, and clicked user panel,it wasnt there.. ??

Last edited:
For those that can't log in, you need to use:

Username: [email protected]
Password: Your password

Everything seems cool except for writing new e-mails. They cannot be sent because of this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/webmail/newmsg.php:15) in /var/www/html/webmail/newmsg.php on line 118

Other than that, good work guys :)!

loopforever said:
For those that can't log in, you need to use:

Username: [email protected]
Password: Your password

Everything seems cool except for writing new e-mails. They cannot be sent because of this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/webmail/newmsg.php:15) in /var/www/html/webmail/newmsg.php on line 118

Other than that, good work guys :)!

I did do that but I still can't log in my admin account.

The Prohacker said:
Just a side note.. The username is made from within the user CP..

When creating a mailbox the username is like this: [email protected]

I guess I wasn't clear when saying "I did do that but I still can't log in my admin account." Let me rephrase slightly.

When logging in I did type [email protected] and the password, but still I could not log-in. I can't go and create the user becuase it has already been created.

NickRac said:
I guess I wasn't clear when saying "I did do that but I still can't log in my admin account." Let me rephrase slightly.

When logging in I did type [email protected] and the password, but still I could not log-in. I can't go and create the user becuase it has already been created.

Ahh sorry.. My bad :D

Hello,

Sorry for the dealy.

There is a note in the versions.html file about re-saving a user's password to write the ~/.shadow file. For each system user, exim has to find their passwords, which are stored in /etc/shadow, however this file is not readable to mail, so we had to make a copy of the password stored elsewhere on the system. This copy will be stored in ~/.shadow, which isn't created for users who had an older version of DirectAdmin. In order for DirectAdmin to write this file for you, all you need to do it simply resave your password throught the panel.

It's also important to note the login formats. Many of you will already know this, but I'll just re-state it.

For system accounts (the username used to log into directadmin)

username: username

For virtual pop accounts (any additional pop accounts created through DirectAdmin)

username: [email protected]

Again, sorry for the delay on this and not making the "you must do this for it to work" more available. For any new users, the ~/.shadow file should be created automatically, no need for password saving.

John

Ok,

I've actually just been trying it out and some servers arn't working, as you said. I'm looking into it right now.

John

Just an update.. this is a very weird error. UebiMiau uses pop3 to log in... and logging in works fine from an email client but the loopback isn't going. Checking the pop3 logs, it shows 127.0.0.1 as connecting, but then disconnecting... I wish vm-pop3d had more descriptive log errors! :)

Anyway I'll keep on looking.

John

On the servers having problems.. Go into the Uebimau config.php and enable debug to 1..

And see if that helps you find the problem..

Ok, thanks, that speeds things up. Its a config issue... uebimiau wants to know beforehand what format the login will be; either username, or username@domain. I'll see if there is a config option for both, else, ill just recode it to work the way i want it :)

And the php error mentioned above is a result of turning on the debug.. will always happen when you activate debug. (its off by default). The problem lies in the fact that the username is not being sent at all when @domain.com is not added.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Ok, thanks, that speeds things up. Its a config issue... uebimiau wants to know beforehand what format the login will be; either username, or username@domain. I'll see if there is a config option for both, else, ill just recode it to work the way i want it :)

I think it will need a recode for that to work.. I did a quick run down in the config and it seems to only allow you to use it one way...

Edit: Just for giggles.. Try editing:
config.php:
$mail_detect_login_type = "%user%@%domain%";
To:
$mail_detect_login_type = "%user%";

I'll give it a try on my server in a second..

Back