[Release] Hermes Skin

update

Updated to 1.00

I rebuilt skin images and css, added some few features to make
navigation easier, fixed popups. Skin looks slightly different (mostly color changes) from what it used to look like.

Here are a couple of problems I run into when installing or using the skin. I'm only making suggestions, not bashing that great skin ;)

-We need versioning with the languages too. Right now the french language pack is missing the latest translations per example and we can only find out by installing the pack.

-In many places, just after we created something (email account,etc.), we have a "back" link only. It brings us to the creation dialog again. We need a way to return to the last major menu item (email). This could be done by always having that box on the left or by having a full breadcrumb at all times.

-The breadcrum in the title could have more text in it. Most of the time it says : user panel. It's not enough imo.

-In the user cp, when we run more than one domain name, we have a list so that we can chose which one to manage. The problem arises afterwards. I don't see any mention of the selected domain name anywhere, except in the URL.

Here is something else.

I would love it if the fields where users insert username or password could have hard limits for the number of characters. It would be based on what's allowed by DA.

Because right now, people find out after hiting submit and some error messages don't indicate what's allowed, so they are a bit lost.

Hi Olivier,

I sent an email to Cyber to know which files need to be updated. The new translation will be available shortly ;)

Sorry for the inconvenience

Thank you.

Unless we find a better system to add translations, you're the official one for this skin =)

And I found a bug in the screen when we see the details about an account. It says "supprimer l" instead of "supprimer l'utilisateur" (guess)

French Translation

Ok guys,

I just set up a web page where you'll be able to trace the french translation.

http://katou.nebukazar.net/hermes/

You'll be able to view the version history and download the lastest french translation pack.

Hope it will help you all :)

Thanks a lot for suggestions. If you have more suggestions please tell me.

> We need versioning with the languages too.

Good idea. I'll add it today.

> In many places, just after we created something (email account,etc.), we have a "back" link only.

I'll add simple menu to that page. The problem is that same template is used in many locations so i can't put appropriate menu on left. But i will add links to panels.

> The breadcrum in the title could have more text in it.

I'll look into how to change it...

> In the user cp, when we run more than one domain name, we have a list so that we can chose which one to manage.
> The problem arises afterwards. I don't see any mention of the selected domain name anywhere, except in the URL.

Good point. Thanks. I'll change that.

> I would love it if the fields where users insert username or
> password could have hard limits for the number of characters.

It can be changed on some forms, but some forums are static and cannot be edited in templates. Where exactly do you want this to be changed?

> I sent an email to Cyber to know which files need to be updated.

Thanks, but my server is down right now (some problem in servint datacenter). I'll check it as soon as server will be back online.

CyberAlien said:
It can be changed on some forms, but some forums are static and cannot be edited in templates. Where exactly do you want this to be changed?

The form where we can create a DB and its user per example.

There is still that nasty bug on the ssl page (CMD_SSL).

I don't know if it's due to the skin or to the translation, but I cannot chose "Create A Certificate Request".
When I click on the selector on the left. Both selector on the right are greyed out.

That page also has code written as text at the beginning of the page.

There should be no code at the beginning of that page. I just checked that page with IE and Opera and with both browsers it worked fine. You might have uploaded some file incorrectly.

What version of skin and language are you using?

Replace lang_user_ssl.html with one in attachment (rename .txt to .html because this forum doesn't allow to attach .html).

Looks like there is limit for text when variable is assigned and it caused problem.

Attachments

• lang_user_ssl.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 318
Same problem with the selector, but this time I have the correct text at the bottom, except that it ends with `CA_LANG_TEMP`

Sorry, i attached wrong file. Here is correct one.

Attachments

• lang_user_ssl.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 315
ok. i see problem. works perfectly with Opera and IE, but doesn't work with Mozilla. It seems to be javascript bug. I used javascript from default skin and didn't modify it.

Its very late (2:30 AM), so i'll fix this problem first thing in the morning.

Back