Mysql problems

toedrain

I just had directadmin installed on my freebsd server and everything works great except for mysql. Whenever a user tries to add a new database to thier site this error shows up

Error connecting to MySQL: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

I checked my service manager and even though it said all the services were stopped ftp and http still worked. I tried manually starting mysql but recieved this error.

cp# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysqld start
Starting mysqld: [ OK ]
cp# /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found, required by "my_print_defaults"
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found, required by "my _print_defaults"
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysqld stop
Stopping mysqld: [ FAILED ]

For some reason it also failed to stop the service. Can anyone offer some help as to whats going on? Thanks.

Did you ever get yoru mysql feature to work. Here is the error message we are getting:

Error connecting to MySQL: Access denied for user: 'admin@localhost' (Using password: YES)

and then when we try to add a database we get this error :

Error connecting to MySQL: Access denied for user: 'admin@localhost' (Using password: YES)

Need help fast thanks

Back