HowTo: MailScanner 4.24 for Exim 4.24

netswitch said:
What do I have to do to have this kind of email directly deleted by MailScanner ?

Option should be in mailscanner.conf

Chris

I just tried to mail from one user to root on server but the mail just remains in exim.in. It never moves anywhere. What might be wrong then?

exim.in/msglog/.. says

2004-02-02 21:21:09 Received from [email protected] U=gein P=local S=492 [email protected]
en.se

/var/log/exim/exim_mainlog says nothing.

r/ MailScanner dies after I while did i notice now.

Last edited:
Yes, but after a few minutes it disappears. ps aux|grep MailScanner doesnt show any result after a few minutes that is.

Exim seems to be running though:
# ps aux|grep exim
mail 82186 0.0 0.2 3568 2144 ?? Is 10:01PM 0:00.00 /usr/sbin/exim -C /etc/exim.conf -oP /var/run/exim_in.pid -bd
mail 82488 0.0 0.2 3568 2136 ?? Is 10:01PM 0:00.00 /usr/sbin/exim -C /etc/exim_outgoing.conf -oP /var/run/exim_out.pid -q15m

ive tried restarting mailscanner several times.

Hello to all ,

I tried all the configs , i prety sure i installed it ok . its atrting stopping ok , no errors but the scanner itself simply dont scan .

I playd with all the configs and took every suggestunes posted here . simply nada .

Any idea will be great .

Are the additional headers being shown?

(check message source)

Chris

Nop .

no aditional headers in the emails source .

Another day like that and and the server simply overload with all this junk and viruses .

LOL

Last edited:
pilpelet said:
Hello to all ,

I tried all the configs , i prety sure i installed it ok . its atrting stopping ok , no errors but the scanner itself simply dont scan .

I playd with all the configs and took every suggestunes posted here . simply nada .

Any idea will be great .

Had this too for a while, it appeared ClamAV doesn't do anything before it's updated with freshclam (it doesn't have any virus definitions to begin with), after that it worked over here :d

Thanks ,

make sance , but come to think of it , its not the virus defention ,
the mailscanner dont scan (it doesnt add aditional header to the
email message source) asi understood it should .

No clues regarding my problem? How do I change logging mailscanner to an own log file. Doesnt find any logs from mailscanner.

hi,
this config is the same and for freebsd boxs?
Thanks for the answer.
Christos

The strangest thing is: MailScanner scans and block virus mails perfect, but all spam messages are still comming trough.

It seems like SpamAssassin is not beeing used by MailScanner.

Any one a solution to this ?

Oh and the second thing is that MailScanner does not scan every mail. I just send an email with a virus in it, and it still came trough MailScanner and there is also no reference in /var/log/maillog.
also no Header in the email message.

But when i look into /var/log/maillog I see that MailScanner did scan some mail, but not all email messages.

Anyone a solution to this 2 ? :)

Cedric

Last edited:
Hello,

When a mail is sent by webmail it adds the header that the email is scanned by mailscanner, but when a mail is sent from another server to an mailbox on our server it doesn't scan the email (also doesn't add the header lines).

Anybody knows where to find our prob ?

Watje6 said:
Hello,

When a mail is sent by webmail it adds the header that the email is scanned by mailscanner, but when a mail is sent from another server to an mailbox on our server it doesn't scan the email (also doesn't add the header lines).

Anybody knows where to find our prob ?
i have the same problem;
Mails sended by webforms or admin information mails from DirectAdmin get the headers (and the {Scanned} tag) but the mails i send from within MS Outlook don't get the headers. Anyone knows a for this solution?

YouCMe said:
i have the same problem;
Mails sended by webforms or admin information mails from DirectAdmin get the headers (and the {Scanned} tag) but the mails i send from within MS Outlook don't get the headers. Anyone knows a for this solution?

Stupid question: are you using the servers (that's in question) smtp server or own ISP ? :D

Further questions :
Can you post/attach your mailscanner config ?

Are both the exim's running good ?
(Didn't you reverse them or something, strange things happen when you reverse them)

Icheb said:
Stupid question: are you using the servers (that's in question) smtp server or own ISP ? :D

Further questions :

(Didn't you reverse them or something, strange things happen when you reverse them)
Config attached*
i'm using everything of the server, not from ISP and exim's are running fine as far as i know..

Attachments

• mailscanner.txt
    62.8 KB · Views: 569
Icheb said:

Further questions :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
first: all incomming mail is not scanned by MailScanner

second: My config: MailScanner.conf.txt

third: They are running fine, but after a few minutes(like 30) the second exim proccess suddenly stops. And there are no errors.

Back