DA User Tool

I've converted a user to a reseller and then changed his plan to a reseller plan.

Problem is, the reseller part is working okay. But on my admin account, when I view "Show all users". It shows that user as created by admin and with the old quota.

But on my "List resellers", it shows him on the new quota.

Anyway to update the part in "Show users" for consistency?

"Show All Users" is cached and requires its cache cleared. See http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=118

Phil

Is there a way to change the user a domain or set of domains belong to?
Hi,

I don't think there is any tool to automatically do this, neither official nor 3rdparty. The problem is how data is stored. Domain files are stored inside the home directory of the user they belong to, so reassigning the owner becomes quite a task.

If you don't need to do this for a lot of domains and can re-add the DA settings (FTP accounts, email accounts, etc.), a shortcut method might be to create the domain on the user you wish to copy to, re-adding all DA-related settings. After that, copy the domain's public_html from the old user's home directory to the new user's home directory, and then fix ownership on the files. Still, that's a bit messy.

Phil

Last edited:
Does this tool allow me to move a domain from one user to another?

We previously used JTtoolbox to do this, but very annoyingly the JT Toolbox developer has gone AWOL and his domain has expired and license no longer works :mad:

Basically we have a Reseller who had set a domain under in his 'user' level and now needs to move it into his 'Reseller' level so that the domain owner can have his own control panel access.

We need a quick solution

Can anyone help?

User l0rdphi1 has a new website.

Click on his name in one of his posts (there's one a few posts above), there you'll find links to his DirectAdmin tool, and even an email address for him.

Jeff

I just read the first post and it appears that DirectAdmin includes the same functions now so there is no need to download something extra.

Back