New User / Trouble checking mail

newbie101

Hi - I will appreciate any relavent help here.

I just signed up and created a new (2nd) e-mail address for my web account. I can check that with no problems, but the default account - I can not. I enter the e-mail and the password (copy & paste, so I know it's correct), but I still can not access it. It tells me I can not login with that address or password. Oh, I am using Uebimiau Webmail.

Also, I am unable to edit the main e-mail. Apparently I can not rename it or delete it either. I can not change the password either. I CAN log into my file manager A-OKAY. I don't know if any of that helped. Anyhow, thank you.

newbie101 said:
Hi - I will appreciate any relavent help here.

I just signed up and created a new (2nd) e-mail address for my web account. I can check that with no problems, but the default account - I can not. I enter the e-mail and the password (copy & paste, so I know it's correct), but I still can not access it. It tells me I can not login with that address or password. Oh, I am using Uebimiau Webmail.
The way DirectAdmin structures it's users is that the main account or user for a domain is an actual Unix user. And the email addresses that you create within the panel are virtual users or email users only. What this means in this scenario is that when you login to your webmail to check email for these accounts you do it differently.

For the main user on the accout you simply login as
Username
Password
For all other "users" that you create for the same domain you login using
[email protected]
Password
newbie101 said:

Also, I am unable to edit the main e-mail. Apparently I can not rename it or delete it either. I can not change the password either. I CAN log into my file manager A-OKAY. I don't know if any of that helped. Anyhow, thank you.
Because of what I described above, changing the password of the main email account is the same as changing the password for that account everywhere, login to Directadmin included. I think FTP now too. It used to not but now it does if I remember right.

When you login to Directadmin there should be some sort of Lock Icon at the top of the screen. That will change your password for Directadmin as well as for checking email.

Brandt Milczewski ;)

Hi there,

I have the problem described in the first post in this thread. Unfortunatelly, your solution doesn't work in my case. There is no chance to check the main account email - I'm 100% sure that the username and password are both correct. Any more ideas?

Thanks in advance.

By the way - are you Polish? (I'm asking because of your surname - Milczewski)

Back