Lifetime License from my Host

Sammy95

Verified User
I have just rented a Dedicated in a datacenter.
So I guess I will get a IP from their range on this server.

I am used to CPanel/WHM but they offer DirectAdmin for a cheaper cost on this Server. Since it looks good in the demo, I think I will give it a try.

If I buy a Liftelime License from them, will I have to be dedicated to stay inside their Datacenter on this IP for the rest of my life on this Licence? Or can this be changed if I for some reason move outside of this datacenter later?

Best regards
Sammy :)

Sammy,

The page you refer to refers to licenses owned by you. Unless you get a DirectAdmin login and password you do not own a DirectAdmin license.

Data centers can buy what's called an Internal License, but that license belongs to them (though they may certainly charge you for it) and cannot be transferred to your ownership.

Whether or not you can change the IP# on a DA license depends on whether it's in your name and bought at full price, or in the name of the Data Center and bought at the special Internal License pricing. If the latter, then you cannot transfer it into your name, or away from the Data Center.

If the Data center told you they sold you a Full DirectAdmin license and didn't put it into your name, then your argument will be with the Data Center.

Jeff

Hello,

Most likely your provider is offering internal licenses, and the prices are much cheaper than buying from us. In this case, if you leave their service you do NOT keep the license.

Mark

Back