Code:
./build php5
If you are using apache2:
Code:
./build php5_ap2
If you will use:
Code:
./build php
It will ask you some questions (witch version of PHP do you want and what apache version are you using)

can it build both php4 and php5? or can only use one at a time?

It will (using suPHP), I suggest you to wait for another version of beta :) It will contain some great new features.

ok bug found, the configure script for apache2 is missing a line for suexec.

"--with-suexec-bin=/usr/sbin/suexec" \

There is missing files on the server when using build_update.

The missing files didnt affect me as was using php5 and apache 2.2 and other then the above there appears to be no problems and I think its very good that it now no longer enables register globals by default.

Chrysalis, it's a known bug and fixed in the new closed beta, which have many good features as suPHP installing etc. :)

looks great :)

While we are updating the build script, would it be possible to add freetype, xml and imap support to the php build ?

netswitch, this version is a bit old :) The new closed beta is available, but there is no date set when it will be released.

Chrysalis, it's a known bug and fixed in the new closed beta, which have many good features as suPHP installing etc. :)

how does one get in this closed beta? is a bit dissapointing the public one is just very old.

smtalk, Nice work!
Seems the script is updated today!
Looks like we can build both php4 and php5, such as php5 in cli and php4 in cgi.
I'm going to try it, but will it have security issue like the one described at http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16399 regarding the php.ini if php4 and php5 both running in the same system?

I tried out the new build but when I issued the ./build update_data command, it said

There is wrong default PHP in /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/options.conf set

I am trying to repair an Apache 2.2.4 and PHP 5.2.1 install.

bclancey, try to delete the options.conf and run the script again.

It is not posible to use apache 1.3.* and SuPHP? That option is only for Apache 2? Is that correct?

No, it isn't :) You can use suPHP with all the versions of apache.

Could you post your /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/options.conf ?

i try
Code:
php4_cli=yes
php4_cgi=no
php5_cli=no
php5_cgi=no
apache_ver=2.2
&
Code:
php4_cli=no
php4_cgi=no
php5_cli=yes
php5_cgi=no
apache_ver=2.2
&
Code:
php4_cli=yes
php4_cgi=no
php5_cli=no
php5_cgi=yes
apache_ver=2.2
,,,, etc

Wael

No, it isn't :) You can use suPHP with all the versions of apache.

And be aware that any php accelerator will not longer function under phpsup and thats the biggest downside. Anyone running a busy box and currently using accelerator will be very dissapointed as the two do not work hand in hand. This includes APC.

Last edited:
The 1st line should be:
default_php=5

Thank you for this bug report.

Back