Installing SpamAssassin can't find exim.conf

mwarby

I'm following this guide http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=36 but I cannot find the exim.conf file

I'm looking using both the virtuozzo file manager and through a SSH connection

My install is on a VPS runing CentOs 4

Anyone have any ideas on where else exim.conf is located ?

Thanks

It should be at /etc/exim.conf.

You can look for it on your server as root:
Code:
# locate exim.conf

Jeff

locate exim.conf gives the following response
/usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/exim.conf

something tells me that this isn't write as a config file wouldn't be in a templates directory

Another interesting thing is that Directadmin some exim 4.60 as running,but virtuozzo (it's running on a VPS) doesn't show exim but does show sendmail (which I thought didn't work with directadmin ?)

The server is a Solar VPS CentOS 4 with directadmin

Martin

Exim doesn't support sendmail.

What you write makes no sense though I don't disbelieve you.

I just don't know where to go from here.

Are you sure your system is properly forwarding email?

Can you send me an email (address in my sig), referring me back to this thread and I'll try to analyze it when I have a chance?

Thanks.

Jeff

seem to have got it sorted now

it would appear what had happened is that when my VPS was setup,they first setup a VPS in the wrong datacenter or something (they have US and UK) they gave me virtuozzo(the VPS control panel) details for one and directadmin for the other (different IPs)

the link I was using for the virtuozzo control panel,must not have had it's setup completed and so was still running sendmail (it looks like directadmin was not installed)

After logging in to the correct VPS (a rather basic error in hindsight :eek: ) exim.conf was in etc as expected.I now have spamassassin up and running

Thanks for all your help
Martin

Back