Email Forwarder Creation 'Bug'

whitehat

Verified User
I have detected what I consider a bug in DA. I have not found anything in the forums that speaks to this issue.

If one attempts to create a new email account but enters a current, existing name, when the submission is processed, an error message will result stating, "That user already exists". IMHO, a similar check needs to be done with forwarders and a similar message of "That forwarder already exists" ought to be generated.

Simply put, DA does not check for the current existence of a forwarder name. If one creates a 'new' forwarder with the same name as an existing forwarder, the new information is saved and the information for the existing forwarder is discarded - unfortunately, as such, the existing forwarder of the same name does not need to be deleted or modified first.

By example:

You look at your current email forwarders and see that forwarder '[email protected]' currently exists, with mail forwarded to '[email protected]'.
Next in DA -
1) Go to 'Create new E-Mail Forwarder',
2) Enter 'JoeBlow' into the input textbox,
3) Enter '[email protected]' into the "Destination Email" textbox.
4) Click on the "Create' submit button.
Voila - The email forwarder will be changed to the latest 'creation' even though it currently exists.

IMHO, existing forwarders should not be able to be modified through the "create" function; this 'bug' poses big problems, especially if the newly-created forwarder name is entered incorrectly - a typo error, i.e. - and unintentionally matches an existing forwarder.

This situation is especially a huge concern for me (for a variety of reasons that I will not address at this time) if one is calling the function using the API in web pages, which we use.

I'm not talking about the email account/email forwarder of the same name issue that I have seen discussed in the forums.

Has anyone else noticed this 'bug'? Does anyone else share my opinion?

Last edited:
Back