Discussion about CustomBuild

./build mysql on Debian - path to old version

hi,
./build mysql on Debian try to load the mysql-5.1.23-rc-linux-i686.tar.gz which isnt available on the server - there are now
mysql-5.0.41-linux-i686.tar.gz
mysql-5.0.45-linux-i686.tar.gz
mysql-5.0.51a-linux-i686.tar.gz

johannes, it won't be available till 5.1.26 (first stable release).

Custombuild keeps untarring files and they keep ending up with non root privledges this is causing alot of problems.

Here is for example with suphp:

test -z "/usr/local/suphp/sbin" || ../config/install-sh -c -d "/usr/local/suphp/sbin"
../config/install-sh: Permission denied
*** Error code 126

Stop in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/suphp-0.6.3/src.
*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/suphp-0.6.3.

Custombuild keeps untarring files and they keep ending up with non root privledges this is causing alot of problems.

Here is for example with suphp:

test -z "/usr/local/suphp/sbin" || ../config/install-sh -c -d "/usr/local/suphp/sbin"
../config/install-sh: Permission denied
*** Error code 126
Thanks for the report.
I've found the cause, and have added a chmod fix.
I'm not sure why no other OS's were affected, but I simply added:
chmod 755 config/install-sh
just before the "make install" portion of the suphp part.

John

the configure file for apache in custombuild now has an invalid flag.

--with-expat=builtin no longer valid according to configure.

Chrysalis, you only get a warning when invalid option is used (so it will work without any problems), but this option will be removed as soon as possible. Thank you for the report :)

Does mysql 5.1 work with custombuild. I tried setting it and get errors that the tar doesnt exist on the http site.

Nope, not until it's released as "stable". We don't want to have to support any of their unresolved bugs, should there be any.

John

Dovecot upgrade failes

Just upgrade some boxes to dovecot 1.1.1 One of them now failes, and erros whit:

Starting dovecot: Error: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot.conf line 38: Unknown setting: default_mail_env
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /etc/dovecot.conf

Line 38 on dovecot.conf is a normal line, as the others, and shows

default_mail_env = maildir:~/Maildir

All on a Centos 5 32bit box.

Anyone some ideas??

Last edited:
You have an old configuration file (manually downloaded from anywhere) (CustomBuild updates it by default, so it can be fixed with "./build dovecot"), if you don't wan't to build dovecot, only few commands and your configuration file should work:
Code:
perl -pi -e 's|mail_extra_groups|mail_access_groups|' /etc/dovecot.conf
perl -pi -e 's|default_mail_env|mail_location|' /etc/dovecot.conf
perl -pi -e 's|args = /etc/virtual/%d/passwd|args = username_format=%n /etc/virtual/%d/passwd|' /etc/dovecot.conf

You have an old configuration file (manually downloaded from anywhere) (CustomBuild updates it by default, so it can be fixed with "./build dovecot"), if you don't wan't to build dovecot, only few commands and your configuration file should work:
Code:
perl -pi -e 's|mail_extra_groups|mail_access_groups|' /etc/dovecot.conf
perl -pi -e 's|default_mail_env|mail_location|' /etc/dovecot.conf
perl -pi -e 's|args = /etc/virtual/%d/passwd|args = username_format=%n /etc/virtual/%d/passwd|' /etc/dovecot.conf

What means 'old'? None of servcers has a manual downloaded file. These servers are installed from source whit custombuild, and not manually....

So, you didn't have the latest version of the CustomBuild script. If you have autover=yes in your options.conf it doesn't mean that you have the latest build script too. You must to "./build update" when you want to update your software.

strange, i always start whit ./build update, to see what can be updated.

This time dovecot and freetype are updated, so that's what i've run.
After that, check whit #dovecot --version, that's all....

## Offopic, but a wanted feature: after ./build updated show a short as possible list whit all the items / builds that are updated.

Back