HOWTO : SuPHP

In my suphp_log i have :

[Sat Apr 30 13:05:30 2005] [error] suPHP was called by apache (100), not by nobody (99)
[Sat Apr 30 13:27:31 2005] [error] suPHP was called by apache (100), not by nobody (99)
[Sat Apr 30 13:27:33 2005] [error] suPHP was called by apache (100), not by nobody (99)
[Sat Apr 30 13:27:41 2005] [error] suPHP was called by apache (100), not by nobody (99)
[Sat Apr 30 13:27:51 2005] [error] suPHP was called by apache (100), not by nobody (99)
[Sat Apr 30 13:27:53 2005] [error] suPHP was called by apache (100), not by nobody (99)
[Sat Apr 30 13:27:54 2005] [error] suPHP was called by apache (100), not by nobody (99)

I did something wrong somewhere ... :\

And when i had this line my httpd.conf :

AddHandler x-httpd-php .php

I have an Internal Server Error ... sniff

If i quote it, my website is ok, but suphp is not really ok (right are always nobody)

Anyone have any idea if the latest direct admin/installatron combo will work with suphp?

webquarry said:
Anyone have any idea if the latest direct admin/installatron combo will work with suphp?
No problem here using php5.0.4/suPHP0.5.2/DA1.23.5. DirectAdmin doesn't have anything to do with PHP, really. It does use the php binary, but it's no problem if it's cgi, cli or whatever.

We do run have the cli binary in our path tho, but it's only used when called like /usr/local/bin/php (and "php" from the command line). Otherwise it will use suPHP with /usr/local/bin/php.cgi.

Jochem

XBL said:
@titam: go to www.suphp.org for suPHP and go to www.php.org/downloads.php to get the latest versions of both products. The versions above is outdated anyway.

To compile php as a CGI bin, leave out '--with-apxs' and add '--enable-force-cgi-redirect'. Good luck.

Jochem

Thanks.

I have an internal server error when a rep or file is in 775 chmod, by example. I think it's normal, but when all files are in 755, that works.

Is it ok ?

Check your suphp log. It will probably mention that the chmods are incorrect (set to write, for example). Files can't be executed when they are writeable, I believe.

Jochem

XBL said:
Check your suphp log. It will probably mention that the chmods are incorrect (set to write, for example). Files can't be executed when they are writeable, I believe.

Jochem

It's ok thanks, but since i installated this, i have problem with function mail() (in fact i think that the adress designed in httpd.conf by sendmail -t -i [email protected] does'nt work, because with mail function, it's right (in header) from : domaine@Hotsname from [email protected]

Is suPhp or CGI mod who maked this ?

Titam said:
It's ok thanks, but since i installated this, i have problem with function mail() (in fact i think that the adress designed in httpd.conf by sendmail -t -i [email protected] does'nt work, because with mail function, it's right (in header) from : domaine@Hotsname from [email protected]

Is suPhp or CGI mod who maked this ?

I have uninstall suPhp, no more problem with function mail() :\

I just cant get this to work properly.

Ive got it setup pretty much, except for the fact that it doesnt work. httpd still runs as apache.

no errors tho. but then again im not using php as CGI, which according to suphp website, you dont have to, it never specifies that you do.

-Sheldon

Have you tried 0.6.0 which was released earlier this month?

Following this tutorial requires CGI, see step 3.

I did download the latest version yes.

I followed the instructions on the website and couldnt get it to work correctly.

-Sheldon

Hello,

I've got a problem with suphp. Actually, if I create a folder "include", when a php's script use "require_once" (or "include") and the file are not in the same folder of the php's script, the php's script go to folder include to include the file but the folder "include" don't run with suphp. What is the solution ? Thanks. Bye.

After much frustration I finally managed to get suPHP working!

As was said before (although it took me a while to figure it out) you just have to configure and make your PHP version with the same options as the currently installed one except you exclude --with-apxs.

Then copy and paste the sapi/cgi/php to /usr/local/bin/php.CGI and voila suPHP works fabulously. I love it. MK

PS: It only worked with versions 0.5 and 0.5.2 I couldn't get 0.6 working.

Don't forget to use --disable-checkuid --disable-checkgid --with-min-uid=0 --with-min-gid=0 in your ./configure of suPHP otherwise things like webmail and other stuff will break that is run as root or another UID.

Last edited:
So if I understand it right you must let the PHP version (4.4.0) that is installed by DirectAdmin intact and install a new PHP manually like in /root? Or you just need to configure the current PHP installation by DirectAdmin?

This howto is not very clear for me so I hope someone could explain me a bit more, thanks!

Nevermind, I have read all reactions xx times and now I get it.

You must install a new version of PHP (same as already is running), that is the clue, now my suPHP is working but one website is now having problems with the sessions... strange

I have a problem with suPHP.

The logfile: suphp_log gets bigger and bigger every second! How do you stop the logging?

Thanks..

I don't use suPHP any more because it's in my opinion not stable enough and I had to many issues while it was enabled.

I don't recommend it but that's my statement!

extor said:
I don't use suPHP any more because it's in my opinion not stable enough and I had to many issues while it was enabled.

I don't recommend it but that's my statement!

I think different lol . Since I installed and configurated it on my servers, I have no problem with it, and no more "little" problems due to a badscript of my hosted people

Back