php 5.2.3 downgrade to 5.1

m4ri00sh

Verified User
I used custombuild to install my php5.2.3 and apache2.2 ....

is there some easy way I could downgrade it to 5.1. .... I need to test something .... and I am not sure if that is the php 5.2.3 version problem or something else....

thank you for response

It's impossible, unless you have PHP 5.1 archive. Why do you want 5.1? Go for 4.4 if you want to "test" some old applications. It's easy to go PHP5->PHP4 and then PHP4->PHP5.

Hehe still working on my WHMCS problem with connecting to DA, the "Segmentation fault"...
I reinstalled the OS (Debian 4.0).... used custombuild to install the apache2.2 and the php5.2.3 and tried the WHMCS again and still the same problem....
Matt from WHMCS says it's php problem, and WHMCS can't do anything about it ... and he asked me to downgrade the php version to see if I receive the same problem with lower version.....

So how can I do that downgrade to php4.4 with custombuild.... and then after testing.... move back to php5 easily....

thank you smtalk :)

ps:
and forgot to mention.... I ran the "touch /root/.custombuild" before I ran the ./setup.sh ..... as .... you know .... :)

Last edited:
Everything is said in Custombuild FAQ :) Edit options.conf, se php5-cli to no and php4-cli to yes :) Then run "./build php n".

but I am about to in a minute downgrade php to ver 4 from version 5 the way you told me.... and should I change the option
Code:
default_php=5
to
Code:
default_php=4
or just leave it alone....

thank you for answer

..unless.... when I downgrade ...the script does not even check the option :D

And I think I am nuts.... with those questions :D

SMTALK ... :) ....patience .... :rolleyes:

People like me expect .... clear answers :p too many times we scr...ed something up :D

OK, smtalk, I did it :) worked and it did not complain .....

THANK YOU !!!

PS: It did not solved my problem but.... the downgrade worked :p

It's impossible, unless you have PHP 5.1 archive. Why do you want 5.1? Go for 4.4 if you want to "test" some old applications. It's easy to go PHP5->PHP4 and then PHP4->PHP5.

smtalk, this is unacceptable. I really love your script but if this is true then am going back to customapache. There has to be a way to select the exact version used. Just because a version is the newest out doesn't mean it is without bugs or problems. When a new version turns out to be buggy for whatever reason, you have to be able to go back the the previous version or what every version you need to. This has always been a keystone of the DA way, that you can use any version within reason.

I do not know your script intimately but from the outside it seems that it should be easy to have a option to list the version number you want used as customapache does.

DragonWize, DirectAdmin doesn't have PHP 5.1.x on their servers, so you won't be able to do that with CustomApache too.

Last edited:
DirectAdmin's server??? The customapache way, the way I have always done it anyway, is to download the PHP version I want from a php.net mirror into the customapache directory and set the version number as usual.

So you can use 5.1 or anything you wish to use. Your options file only lists a yes or no answer to php, and from using it, it downloads the lastest stable version. Which is 5.2.4 currently, however, I just had to go back to 5.2.3 because there is a bug in one of the 5.2.4 PDO options that I can not live with.

When searching on how install a specific version of php, I came across this thread with you saying it is 'impossible' with custombuild. This is where my comment came from.

Well, I don't know about those urls you listed but you can every php version back to 3.0 on the php website http://www.php.net/releases/

This is where I have always got my php versions and I get versions of other software from their makers as well.

Last edited:
Back