Problem with CustomBuild and PHP 5.2.3

Virtus

Verified User
Ran the custombuild on newly install Debian 4.0 server with DA installed

Code:
ext/mysql/.libs/php_mysql.o: In function `zif_mysql_set_charset':
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.2.3/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c:1154: undefined reference to `mysql_set_character_set'
ext/mysqli/.libs/mysqli_nonapi.o: In function `zif_mysqli_get_charset':
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.2.3/ext/mysqli/mysqli_nonapi.c:355: undefined reference to `mysql_get_character_set_info'
ext/mysqli/.libs/mysqli_nonapi.o: In function `zif_mysqli_set_charset':
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.2.3/ext/mysqli/mysqli_nonapi.c:331: undefined reference to `mysql_set_character_set'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1

How do I get past this error, I really want latest php on my server.

Thanks in advance!

Using Debian 4 ETCH Minimal ?

I only installed gcc and g++ installed DA normaly then grabbed the CustumBuild script and followed that guide..

now, I also have problems with MySQL, it wont upgrade the databases because it cant connect via shell using mysql -u root --password=mypassword cause of the /tmp/mysqld.sock not found.. I searched the system with localte mysqld.conf and locate mysql.sock after a updatedb, nothing.. not a single file..

As it is right now, my system is kinda ruined.. :(

I can take a look where is the problem. If you're interested in this - contact me.

Going to install Debian again now, install DA and be happy as it is, cause my old production server is running for another 8 days, then the plug is being pulled.. need a new stable production server.. so Im gonna skip all this fancy stuff and just settle with a running system rather than a bugged maybe updated something something

Last edited:
It should work without any problems on Debian Etch (4.0).

Back