Custombuild for PHP 5/6 :)

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
I've just made a new release of CustomBuild, supporting PHP6. It will build ICU (needed for Unicode), replace needed files etc. From now Custombuild 1.1.x will be stable and feature frozen, and 1.2.x will be marked as beta. You can get 1.2.x http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/1.2/custombuild.tar.gz, it's pretty stable too, but PHP 6.0 is not released yet, that's why we should mark it as beta :) Adding a screenshot "just to take a look at phpinfo() of PHP 6.0" built with custombuild 1.2.x.

Attachments

• php6-directadmin.png
    php6-directadmin.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 742
Last edited:
I thought about it, but there would be 19 ways to install PHP at all, so that's quite much :) That's why PHP4 is dropped (when custombuild 1.2 will be released - PHP 6.0 will be released too), and PHP4 will be near the "EOL".

Nice to see new beta f custombuild with php6 :)

smtalk, any chance of getting php 5.2.4 in v1.1 ?

agnivo007, sorry for the delay. PHP 5.2.4 was included into CustomBuild few days (~4-5) ago.

That's why PHP4 is dropped (when custombuild 1.2 will be released
Martynas,

I'm ordering a custom system for a client (one domain, lots of traffic, lots of functionality, lots of high specs ;) ).

We decided to build with 32-bit CentOS, but we are installing latest Intel dual-core processor.

So we decided to go with newer versions of mysql, php, apache.

Are we going to see any issues with client's old software on PHP5? If so is there any easy way to resolve it?

I'm asking you this question now in this thread specifically because it's going to be the same issue as when CustomBuild stops including PHP4.

Thanks.

Jeff

Many things are changed on PHP5. The main thing is OOP. But if the software won't work (all popular scripts are working perfectly, and I didn't have any issues with not popular (old) scripts too), you can downgrade PHP to PHP4 easily.

custombuild-beta 1.2 has no options.conf, so I copied these from 1.1.
I've made the chance of the php6 version i've download from snapshot in the build file.
In the options.conf file i've changed default_php=5 to default_php=6

Even, when checking [ ./build php ]it's always getting php version 5.2.x

What's missing????

Thanks.

digi, it has. We will have custombuild beta in DirectAdmin servers soon, so, wait few more days and we can see how it works (if you want to use the attached version - you need to download icu package and change PHP6_VER (and php-${PHP6_VER} with php${PHP6_VER}).

No, it's not, because it's not uploaded to DirectAdmin servers yet. You can ask DirectAdmin support (John) to upload it, but I think he's waiting for September
25 (next release of DirectAdmin), because from then CustomBuild 1.1 shouldn't be in beta folder anymore, and 1.2 should be uploaded to it, then.

I dont plan to have any php4 servers past the EOL date but I remember John saying recently that DA will probably support php4 in one form or another for a long time due to there always been some demand for it, if DA moves to custombuild only there may be a problem here.

Chrysalis, there should be an option for CustomBuild an CustomApache (which one do you want to use..), so, there shouldn't be any problems with it, because CustomApache only supports PHP4.

Back