Thread: Custombuild for PHP 5/6 :)

Custombuild for PHP 5/6 :)

I've just made a new release of CustomBuild, supporting PHP6. It will build ICU (needed for Unicode), replace needed files etc. From now Custombuild 1.1.x will be stable and feature frozen, and 1.2.x will be marked as beta. You can get 1.2.x http://files.directadmin.com/service...ombuild.tar.gz, it's pretty stable too, but PHP 6.0 is not released yet, that's why we should mark it as beta Adding a screenshot "just to take a look at phpinfo() of PHP 6.0" built with custombuild 1.2.x.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by smtalk; 01-06-2008 at 03:05 AM.
    Martynas Bendorius
    MB Martynas IT. Professional server management company. Official DirectAdmin, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed and Comodo partners.

able to buid php4+php5+php6? :P

I thought about it, but there would be 19 ways to install PHP at all, so that's quite much That's why PHP4 is dropped (when custombuild 1.2 will be released - PHP 6.0 will be released too), and PHP4 will be near the "EOL".
    Martynas Bendorius
    MB Martynas IT. Professional server management company. Official DirectAdmin, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed and Comodo partners.

Nice to see new beta f custombuild with php6

smtalk, any chance of getting php 5.2.4 in v1.1 ?

agnivo007, sorry for the delay. PHP 5.2.4 was included into CustomBuild few days (~4-5) ago.
    Martynas Bendorius

Quote Originally Posted by smtalk View Post
    That's why PHP4 is dropped (when custombuild 1.2 will be released
    Martynas,

I'm ordering a custom system for a client (one domain, lots of traffic, lots of functionality, lots of high specs ).

We decided to build with 32-bit CentOS, but we are installing latest Intel dual-core processor.

So we decided to go with newer versions of mysql, php, apache.

Are we going to see any issues with client's old software on PHP5? If so is there any easy way to resolve it?

I'm asking you this question now in this thread specifically because it's going to be the same issue as when CustomBuild stops including PHP4.

Thanks.

Jeff
    +1 951 643-5345
    Third-Party DirectAdmin administration and support
    Dedicated Servers, Dedicated Reseller Accounts
    NoBaloney Internet Services div. Qnito Incorporated
    848 North Rainbow Blvd., Suite #3789
    Las Vegas, NV 89107-1103

Many things are changed on PHP5. The main thing is OOP. But if the software won't work (all popular scripts are working perfectly, and I didn't have any issues with not popular (old) scripts too), you can downgrade PHP to PHP4 easily.
    Martynas Bendorius

custombuild-beta 1.2 has no options.conf, so I copied these from 1.1.
    I've made the chance of the php6 version i've download from snapshot in the build file.
    In the options.conf file i've changed default_php=5 to default_php=6

Even, when checking [ ./build php ]it's always getting php version 5.2.x

What's missing????

Thanks.

digi, it has. We will have custombuild beta in DirectAdmin servers soon, so, wait few more days and we can see how it works (if you want to use the attached version - you need to download icu package and change PHP6_VER (and php-${PHP6_VER} with php${PHP6_VER}).
    Martynas Bendorius

is it ready now? i want to try

No, it's not, because it's not uploaded to DirectAdmin servers yet. You can ask DirectAdmin support (John) to upload it, but I think he's waiting for September
    25 (next release of DirectAdmin), because from then CustomBuild 1.1 shouldn't be in beta folder anymore, and 1.2 should be uploaded to it, then.
    Martynas Bendorius

I dont plan to have any php4 servers past the EOL date but I remember John saying recently that DA will probably support php4 in one form or another for a long time due to there always been some demand for it, if DA moves to custombuild only there may be a problem here.

Chrysalis, there should be an option for CustomBuild an CustomApache (which one do you want to use..), so, there shouldn't be any problems with it, because CustomApache only supports PHP4.
    Martynas Bendorius

We can use it now! Code is stable, just PHP6 isn't stable yet. You can get CustomBuild 1.2 from http://files.directadmin.com/service...ombuild.tar.gz.

Installation is very easy:
    Code:
    cd /usr/local/directadmin
    wget http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/1.2/custombuild.tar.gz
    tar xzf custombuild.tar.gz
    Martynas Bendorius