how to: remove iconv?

jw00dy

Verified User
I was using customapache, but due to problems with frontpage (my clients need it), I have had to go back to apache 1.3.x, which I tried to do with custombuild, but it never did work correctly.

So I went back to customapache, which worked. However, now it seems that every time I install anything else (exim, spamassassin, php, etc) it fails with problems with libiconv errors.

I'm not sure what Iconv does, and I lived fine without it previously, so I'm hoping someone can tell me how to get rid of this beast. I'm not sure even what happens, but it appears that maybe iconv replaces gcc libraries??? I have no idea to be honest, I just know Iconv is not my friend.

TIA

I was using customapache, but due to problems with frontpage (my clients need it), I have had to go back to apache 1.3.x, which I tried to do with custombuild, but it never did work correctly.

So I went back to customapache, which worked. However, now it seems that every time I install anything else (exim, spamassassin, php, etc) it fails with problems with libiconv errors.

I'm not sure what Iconv does, and I lived fine without it previously, so I'm hoping someone can tell me how to get rid of this beast. I'm not sure even what happens, but it appears that maybe iconv replaces gcc libraries??? I have no idea to be honest, I just know Iconv is not my friend.

TIA

For Custombuild:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custumbuild/configure/ap2
nano configure.php4 (or configure.php5)
--> remove: '--with-iconv=*****\'
Rebuild php
Restart httpd

For Customapache:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custumapache
nano configure.php_ap2
--> remove: '--with-iconv \'
Rebuild php
Restart httpd

nb: Apache 2.0.61 does support frontpage_extentions. So use this reather than de letacy version 1.3.x.

Thank you. what I ended up doing was adding --with-iconv .... \ to the customapache build script and that seems to have fixed it.

I actually tried to upgrade to ap2 (2.0) with the DA upgrade script, and it gave me all sorts of errors about my virtual hosts. None of them worked either.

So I'm back to 1.3 and working fine.

Back