DirectAdmin - Debian 4.0 64bit support

akaroa

Hi,
Does anyone know when DirectAdmin will be available for Debian 4.0 64bit?

Actually DirectAdmin itself runs fine, it's the build scripts that make a mess from it.

I would love it, too! I now have my 64bit machine running on an 32bit OS because directadmin doesnt work with 64 bit operating systems....

Any news/updates about this? We're in the process of setting up a server for a customer, and I would really like DA to work on it, else it would probably be stuck without a control-panel.

What are the problems of running DA on such an OS-installation?

Last time I asked (28 feb 2008) I get this answer:

"Hello,

It appears to be an issue that the libmysqlclient libraries do not work on your system because it's a 64-bit version of debian, thus php won't compile. If you can, please install a 32-bit version of debian (you should not have /usr/lib64 if it's a 32-bit version). Debian 64-bit is not one of our supported OSs.

Thank you,

John"

Patje

Indeed, but I think they are counting in numbers. I have no idea home many use Debian or Ubuntu server. I tried CentOS 64bit in the past but that was also no success. So I stuck for a while at debian 32bit and test ISPConfig and see what I gonna do in the future.

Debian 64bit works for me.

I just installed DA on a 'fresh 'n so clean' Debian Etch 64bit without a hitch.

MySQL appears to be running fine and the databases are fine too.

Any idea what one should look for to see if things really won't work? Possible that Debian did what they needed to do to get things working since earlier in the year?

I had initially asked for a Debian 32bit install because of what I read here, but they missed that part and installed the 64bit version on the server.

-bdk

2 days and no issues.

I've had no issues since I installed it a day or two ago, created resellers and users and have put up a few mysql driven sites without an issue.

I can't see any reason not to use it other then not 'officially supported' (yet :) ).

I'd really like for the DA staff to chime in with their own setup/test to see if it is going to work long term. So far I have no problems, thus I'm thinking that everything compiled ok.

-bdk

any news on Debian at 64bits and DM?

i wander if people that installed are experiencing any problems afte months of working with it

DA has been running without an issue for 10 months now on amd64 Etch. Works really good and very solid. I've had more emergency power issues at the colo this past year then I've had with the server or the software.

-bdk

Back