Feature requests for CustomBuild

Perhaps a feature that would make custom work more efficient; or a more decent versioning system. For instance, after you started using a custom configuration - perhaps only for a single change - you'll have to be up to date in regards to new changes.

This is absolutely not the case at the moment. I'm seeing pointers where the person is only being told to use custombuild, but it's forgotten that custom configurations are common.

Anyway, proper versioning or a way to search for changes would be great.

SquirrelMail

Don't know if this is still the correct place for feature requests for Custombuild. I would like to see an extra option in the doSquirrelmail() function to keep the old config.php. Just a simple:

Code:
cp -av ${ALIASPATH}/config/config.php ${REALPATH}/config/config.php

in stead of the copying and changing of the config_default.php would do fine. Alternatively keeping the current way and copying over the sm_logo.png and enabling these extra plugins (all in the default distro already):

newmail (newmail notification)
listcommands (extra command when view mail from a mailing list)
delete_move_next (delete move to next mail links when reading mail)

Thanks anyway for creating this brilliant script!

It'd be nice to have genuine possibility to install php5.2 and php5.3 next to each other with no hacks.

Auto-update doesn't work as it supposed to. Is it really so hard? :) I believe that many users lack that option and would appreciate that.

Autoupdate is supposed to download new versions.txt which is changed due to PHP 5.3 as PHP 6 mod. New versions.txt would contain PHP6 as PHP6...

You can include some operations in /etc/cron.daily/custombuild to change the PHP line in versions.txt automatically (use a perl regex).

Maybe its good idea to include some actions pre or post downloading versions.txt

So the correct way to do it is to enable autoupdate without autover and update versions.txt manually, lets say an hour before autoupdate? Is that correct approach?

Execute a perl regex for versions.txt after "./build update".

I think that a firewall configurable by the web control panel will be great.
kiss is a VERY simple firewall, for say some one. I don't see any con or headach.
A core script to handle iptables, like kiss but in the DA core

There would need to be several scripts; we've noticed that different versions of the Linux console, which requires slight differences in our version of the KISS firewall scripts.

And of course there's FreeBSD, which uses a completely different method of configuring firewalls.

Jeff

Back