Roundcube: E-mail folders not taken over

Jackiegoal

Verified User
Hi,

I recently changed the /webmail Alias on my server from Uebimiau to Roundcube. A couple of users have confronted me with the fact that the folders stored in /var/www/html/webmail/tmp are not taken over by Roundcube. How can I move those folders to Roundcube?

Users are not interested in using UebiMiau in the future, but they do need their folders.

Kind Regards,
Jaap Haagmans
Rely Websolutions

This is the reason we've always recommended not removing UebiMiau.

UebiMiau uses a proprietary system for storing all folders except the original inbox.

To see what we did look here:

http://www.nobaloney.net/webmail

What's most interesting is that not one client has ever contacted us for the password for UebiMiau. So I'm beginning to guess that no one is actually using UebiMiau on our servers.

I'm also considering replacing UebiMiau with Telaen.

Jeff

Yes, well, we instructed clients to the /uebimiau redirect to backup their e-mails by either forwarding them to themselves or save them in any other way. It would have been easier to convert the e-mails one way or another.

Agreed, it would have been. But that's what happens when you use a proprietary format, as UebiMiau does.

It might be similar enough to imap to figure out how to move everything, but I never looked.

Note, though that when DirectAdmin first started using UebiMiau there was an important reason to use it; it was the only generally available free open-source email client that didn't require IMAP, and early versions of DirectAdmin didn't include IMAP.

Jeff

Back