Do you like use update.script ?

• yes, all time

Votes: 221 69.1%
  • no, some time

Votes: 44 13.8%
  • some time

Votes: 55 17.2%

• Total voters
That's the problem, there is not anything. I guess I just like to apt-get update and apt-get upgrade and apt-get install everything.

And for nothing in DA to get broken when doing so. DA seems to own you once installed.

David

I'm not sure what you mean about DA owning you. It certainly doesn't own me. In fact, it's the most flexible hosting package I've found, as I can change simple settings in customapache or custombuild to run whatever I want.

In my experience hosting platforms that require you use either their packages or my host OS packages are the ones that own you; you can't make any selections at all. I purposely left Plesk (I was a Plesk Gold Partner) years ago because they owned me.

Nevertheless, if that's your opinion and your experience, I can't and won't argue.

There are some threads about using FreeBSD ports with DirectAdmin; I suppose you might go through them and figure out how to use similar methods to update DA with your choice (you mention apt-get; though apt-get has been written for Red Hat-based systems you're most likely using a Debian-based system) of OS. But you'll be on your own because DirectAdmin is designed to use locally-compiled programs toward these ends:

1) With DirectAdmin you're not limited to using any specific versions or even daemons; DirectAdmin users can and have chosen alternatives for even apache.

2) DirectAdmin can support OS Distributions out of the box because it compiles the entire hosting stack from source.

So while I don't feel DirectAdmin owns me, I suppose it might own you, if you don't want all that flexibility.

Jeff

cd $INSTALLDIR ; rm -rf avg75flr-$AVG.i386.rpm
wget http://www.grisoft.cz/filedir/inst/avg75flr-$AVG.i386.rpm
yum -y install pygtk2* ; rpm -i avg75flr-$AVG.i386.rpm ; /opt/grisoft/avggui/bin/avggui_update_licinfo.sh
avgupdate --online /opt/grisoft/avg7/data ; /etc/init.d/avgd stop ; /etc/init.d/avgd start ; avgscan -d
echo ; echo "Install/Update AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition $AVG2 for Linux done"

Yum errors; because debian uses aptget and no yum
RPM errors; sure you have the rpm package loader? in my past live i used special .deb packages for debian and no plain rpm's.. if im correct.. centos minded here..

The rest of the errors are just followups from the first..

Nope the script is fine, just not suitable for your debian installation, in this case..

cd $INSTALLDIR ; rm -rf avg75flr-$AVG.i386.rpm
wget http://www.grisoft.cz/filedir/inst/avg75flr-$AVG.i386.rpm
yum -y install pygtk2* ; rpm -i avg75flr-$AVG.i386.rpm ; /opt/grisoft/avggui/bin/avggui_update_licinfo.sh
avgupdate --online /opt/grisoft/avg7/data ; /etc/init.d/avgd stop ; /etc/init.d/avgd start ; avgscan -d
echo ; echo "Install/Update AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition $AVG2 for Linux done"

Yum errors; because debian uses aptget and no yum
RPM errors; sure you have the rpm package loader? in my past live i used special .deb packages for debian and no plain rpm's.. if im correct.. centos minded here..

The rest of the errors are just followups from the first..

Nope the script is fine, just not suitable for your debian installation, in this case..

Where do i need to adjust this?

actually you can't, check the first post... this script isnt suitable for debain at all..

You could try little workaround, on your own risk ofcourse..

Try installing:
pygtk2* with aptget
Try to convert the rpm to debian suitable packages.. (http://www.debianadmin.com/install-rpm-files-in-debian-and-ubuntu.html)
Alien is that kinda program, buggie **** though.. and then install according to the script, and run the grisoft shell script.. first nano it to check for any changes you maybe have to make..

But on the other hand, why all that trouble for just AVG..

I have installed KISS. But when I run kiss, I get this error

Code:
Since the ip_tables, xt_state, and/or xt_multiport modules do not exist, KISS can not function. Firewall script aborted!

I run
Code:
ln -s /lib/modules/2.6.9-78.0.1.ELsmp/kernel/net/netfilter/xt_state.ko /lib/modules/2.6.9-78.0.1.ELsmp/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_state.ko
and 
ln -s /lib/modules/2.6.9-78.0.1.ELsmp/kernel/net/netfilter/xt_multiport.ko /lib/modules/2.6.9-78.0.1.ELsmp/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_multiport.ko
to link xt_state.ko to ipt_state.ko, xt_multiport.ko to ipt_multiport.ko
But i get this:
Code:
ln: `/lib/modules/2.6.9-78.0.1.ELsmp/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_state.ko': File exists
How to solve that?
I use custombuild on CenOS 4.7 with apache 2.2, php5.x, mysql5
Thanks in advance!

i have seen that this script is started in 2007... now its sep 2008...

Is this script 'so good' that it can install the server without getting more trouble and errors ?

Update script work fine with this OS
# RedHat Linux 7.2, 7.3, 8.0, 9.0
# RedHat Fedora 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0
# RedHat Enterprise 3.x, 4.x, 5.x
# CentOS 3.x, 4.x, 5.x

And update script updated since 1/9/2006

Wael

phpmyadmin 3.0 is out and stable one. When does directadminsupport it

and update to
  • OpenSSL 0.9.8i (You need to build ssh, apache, php, etc after upgrade)
  • phpMyAdmin 3.0.0
  • MySQL 5.1.28 (You need to build php after upgrade)
  • SquirrelMail 1.4.16
  • MODsecurity 2.5.7 (Apache 2.x Only)

Wael

IMAP-2004c1 causes error in Squirrelmail

Hi, all
I have a problem after I use this script install IMAP-2004c1.
I do follow the installation guide modified the configure.php5 and build php.
My squirrelmail shows the following error messages everytime after I send a new composed mail.

"ERROR: Bad or malformed request.
Server responded: Error in IMAP command APPEND: "

But the mail still been sent by the system.
I also reinstall the httpd, exim, php, dovecot, IMAP-2004, but no use at all.
Really hope someone can solve my problem, thanks.

DA 1.32.3
da_exim-4.67-1
PHP 5.2.6 with cgixit(installed via custombuild)
Dovecot 1.1.3 (installed via custombuild)
httpd-2.2.9 (installed via custombuild)
Squirrelmail 1.4.15(1.4.16 still shows the same error)

sintsu...

I may be wrong here but if you are using dovecot, then you dont need / should not use IMAP-2004, as both are imap systems...

Cheers
Nath.

sintsu...

I may be wrong here but if you are using dovecot, then you dont need / should not use IMAP-2004, as both are imap systems...

Cheers
Nath.

Thanks for Nath's reply :)
But one more question is ...how can I remove IMAP-2004 to make system back to normal again :confused:
I am trying make it back to life for days ...:(

Sintsu

if i upgrade PHPMYADMIN i have this error on ALL Server:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-3.0.0-all-languages/libraries/Error_Handler.class.php on line 25

DRKT, make sure you have PHP 5.2+ :)

Requirements for 3.0.0:
PHP 5.2+, MySQL 5.0+; refer to Documentation.html for required PHP extensions

Back