DA in Jail. Plugin problem

Andres

Verified User
Hello. Runing DA inside FreeBSD jail (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/jails.html). Jail is simmilar with chroot, but more restrictive. Only one IP address, assigned by admin, avaible then you operate from jail.
Have problem installing Installatron plugin. I don't understand details. But plugins calling DA API via HTTP protocol. To be authenticated DA supply DA key and session ID to plugin. Then plugin request DA via HTTP on 127.0.0.1 both ID supplyed.
Well. If you are in a jail you have no 127.0.0.1. Jail can be binded to 1 IP address. Any request to 127.0.0.1 coming to your jail IP (one of your interface have). The sender address is as well jail's IP, not 127.0.0.1. This confuse DA auth system, makes plugin unable to accesss DA API.
Anyone who have DA inside jail? let me know your expirience with plugins/skins.

I did not have much troubles inside jails, localhost maps to the external IP address of the machine (or whatever IP had been assigned to the jail) so that should not be a real problem, the idea is to see where the installation fails exactly (write privileges etc?)

Let me know,

Cheers
remko
FreeBSD Committer

Back