Error Installing Custombuild on FreeBSD 6.2

gmdesign

Verified User
Hi!

I'm installing DA for the first time. I want to install custombuild to use php5 and apache 2.2 but there is error while I'm trying to install. when choosing to customize custombuild options, when options file is fetched then i get error:

setup.sh: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options file can not be found
I checked and file /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options exists...

Any ideas?

You should report this problem to DirectAdmin support, because I think it's a bug in setup.sh script.

I think I found solution. there are several bugs.

setup.sh line 502

there is code:
Code:
    $CBPATH/options

this code generated error saying that file can not be found. I changed code and now it looks like this:

Code:
if [$OS = "FreeBSD"]; then
    sh $CBPATH/options
else
    $CBPATH/options
fi

and it works. but there is also a problem in options file:

Line 59 generated error:

Code:
	if [ "${php5type}" = "cgi" ]; then

I think this line is correct, but it didn't work for me, so I changed this portion of code to:

Code:
if [ "${php5type}" = "cli" ]; then
		echo "php5_cli=yes" >> ${OPTIONS_CONF}
		echo "php5_cgi=no" >> ${OPTIONS_CONF}
	else
		echo "php5_cli=no" >> ${OPTIONS_CONF}
		echo "php5_cgi=yes" >> ${OPTIONS_CONF}
	fi

and I think it works now...

trying to install, let's see what I will get :)

Can anyone else confirm having a problem with the initial download of the options file? I looked over the setup.sh, but the appears to be fine.. (unless I'm missing something). It assumes you've got "fetch" if you're using freebsd, and for custombuild 1.1, it would run the following command:
Code:
fetch -o /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/options-1.1
so see if that command works for you.
Also, try getting a new setup.sh, I believe there was a typo in it for a span of about an hour when that change was first added about a week ago, in case you got that older version in that window of time.

John

Can anyone else confirm having a problem with the initial download of the options file? I looked over the setup.sh, but the appears to be fine.. (unless I'm missing something). It assumes you've got "fetch" if you're using freebsd, and for custombuild 1.1, it would run the following command:
Code:
fetch -o /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/options-1.1
so see if that command works for you.
Also, try getting a new setup.sh, I believe there was a typo in it for a span of about an hour when that change was first added about a week ago, in case you got that older version in that window of time.
John

I can confirm a problem with option file during DA install on Centos 5 64bit:
Would you like the default settings of apache 2.2 and php 5 cli? (y/n): n
You have chosen to customize the custombuild options. Please wait while options configurator is downloaded...

--15:44:10-- http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/options-1.1
Resolving files.directadmin.com... 72.35.85.222
Connecting to files.directadmin.com|72.35.85.222|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 9555 (9.3K) [text/plain]
Saving to: `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options'

100%[===========================================================>] 9,555 --.-K/s in 0.08s

15:44:11 (122 KB/s) - `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options' saved [9555/9555]

./setup.sh: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
beginning pre-checks, please wait...

I've fixed it by converting options file into UNIX format (fix in blue):
Code:
                        if [ $OS = "FreeBSD" ]; then
                                fetch -o $CBPATH/options $SERVER/custombuild/options-1.1
                        else
                                $WGET_PATH -O $CBPATH/options $SERVER/custombuild/options-1.1
                        fi

if [ -e $CBPATH/options ]; then
                                [COLOR="Blue"]/usr/bin/dos2unix $CBPATH/options[/COLOR]
                                chmod 755 $CBPATH/options
                                $CBPATH/options
                        else
                                echo "unable to download the options file.  Using defaults instead.";
                        fi

Thanks, I've fixed both options files. I'll let smtalk know to use a unix file editor ;)

John

Back