AwStats Added

I think that DirectAdmin really need AWstats, because webalizer last release is more than 4 years old...

I will throw my hat in on this one also and say that I would much appriciate it if the DA team would add AWstats.

Agree:

1- full backup server (like we have with user_backups. Actual system backup is a painfull when you have to restore a site)
2- configurable from panel antispam/antivirus solution (optional clamd configuration)
3- awstats (and a better log rotation system, how we are actually using wich is a plugin posted here in the forum)

Points 2 & 3 exist but with plugins and manual work. One of the greater things of DA always was the easy install. Now, to install DA and put it working, we lost 1 to 2 hours when before was like 15'

Last edited:
DirectAdmin support, is there any chance that DirectAdmin will include this feature?

#2 is half done. Am I missing something. Your priority 1 has been ignored too long though.

Oh yeah! No doubt. ClayRabbit's AWStats is fantastic, but AwStats should be part of the install. It's the defacto standard for stats just like Apache is for web servers.
Originally posted by outpernet
1- full backup server
2- configurable from panel antispam/antivirus solution
3- awstats

Webalizer is more than 4 years old...

In reply to DAdmin_lover,

Yes, webalizer is more than 4 years old, but now exist one new fork, AWFFull that it seems quite interesting.

The AWFFull Description!

AWFFull - A Webalizer Fork, Full o' Features!

Webalizer is a great weblog analysis program but hasn't been going anywhere in recent years. AWFFull takes that base and starts to fix the niggles and annoyances and hopefully become a useful enhancement.

As a base, weblizer has a stated goal of producing web server analysis. AWFFull on the other hand, will gradually focus more on the business intelligence contained within those logs - and not specifically limited just to web server logs. I have an interest in whole of site analytics, and that is rarely contained solely in webserver log files.

Extracted from README.FIRST

Upgrade information from Webalizer Version 2.01 to AWFFull v3.00
----------------------------------------------------------------

If you are already using The Webalizer Version 2.01, you should not experience
any problems with using AWFFull. The changes to history and current files are
explicitly able to cope with the older version and will automatically upgrade.

Last edited:
Maybe DA could chime in on this. Webalizer needs to be supplanted one way or another. This may be the easiest way.

Webalizer needs to be supplanted one way or another.
Amen! AWStats is the defacto standard and is very active. As hci has shown, when there are problems, they are fixed.

Very active?

VIII. DISCLOSURE TIMELINE

10/21/2004 Initial vendor notification
01/02/2005 Initial vendor response
01/17/2005 Public disclosure
Two months to patch a vulnerability when they say to you like doing it, it does not seem too fast to me.

Very active? :D

Two months to patch a vulnerability when they say to you like doing it, it does not seem too fast to me. :D
I'll give you that one. It's still the defacto standard and there are lots of add-ons and information on how to leverage its abilities. It's an expectation of many people with web sites and the lack of built-in support has most definitely cost DirectAdmin sales. :D

Re: Webalizer is more than 4 years old...

redesb said:
In reply to DAdmin_lover,

Yes, webalizer is more than 4 years old, but now exist one new fork, AWFFull that it seems quite interesting.

Looks like an improvement on number of stats, but like webalizer,the presentations is still "AWFUL"!

Back