[Release] Exim Editor - No-Cost!

Hey,

I'm not sure that anyone will require an editor; after the first install it shouldn't need editing; the fine tuning I've used has made it quite effective. We don't even add anything to the blocklists any more; they're not really helpful because there are so many bots sending spam that you almost never get two form the same server.

And we no longer recommend giving users a choice of using it or not. Since 97% of email or more is spam, we can't afford the luxury of letting our users decide if they want to block it or not.

um, you know... I'm just not going to go there...

David

Not going to go where?

Whether your users should have a choice of overloading your mailserver with spam or not?

Jeff

Hey,

No, just in limbo as I have been working on other things.

There has been some interest in taking over the development of Exim Editor, but I have been unable to address those as of yet.

Part of what has delayed development is the new exim.conf file... Jeff's latest made changes that will require re-coding of much of Exim Editor...

David

Anyone working on an exim.conf editor for DirectAdmin should probably wait until the next version of my SpamBlocker Technology exim.conf file is done, and/or wait to see if DirectAdmin is going to distribute it.

Jeff

Yesterday. or at least it should have been. Or the day before, or the week before. If someone can tell me with certainty how to resolve the backscatter issue without causing other problems I'd release it immediately; just adding it to the one I use on my test server.

That's all that's keeping me from releasing it.

Jeff

Yesterday. or at least it should have been. Or the day before, or the week before. If someone can tell me with certainty how to resolve the backscatter issue without causing other problems I'd release it immediately; just adding it to the one I use on my test server.

That's all that's keeping me from releasing it.

Jeff

Jeff any development since you last posted this ?

Yes. I've been seriously delayed becauce my main system at my office crashed. I had a full backup and I've not lost any data, but I lost almost a week (I have a love-hate relationship with Kubuntu 10.04). One more week to the (hopefully) last RC, then another week to the final release.

Jeff

Hey,

No, just in limbo as I have been working on other things.

There has been some interest in taking over the development of Exim Editor, but I have been unable to address those as of yet.

Part of what has delayed development is the new exim.conf file... Jeff's latest made changes that will require re-coding of much of Exim Editor...

David

David.. Can you please PM me the last version of the editor script or post a link to a download site... I kinda lost the one I had when my server crashed last year... Spam is now getting horrendous and I think your script was awesome for blocking out IP numbers via the admin panel..

Cheers

Ed

Note that David's script won't work with the latest SpamBlocker release candidate, but only with the DirectAdmin-distributed file.

Jeff

Note that David's script won't work with the latest SpamBlocker release candidate, but only with the DirectAdmin-distributed file.

Jeff

Thanks for the info... I AM using the DA distributed file and am very happy with the way my new server is running.. Just want the added function of being able to ban IP numbers via the admin panel..

Error

I got an error when trying to save rbl's. Actually the same error occurs elsewhere, each time a file operation is needed.

EM: "The use_rlb_domains file was not updated, likely due to a permissions issue. The exact error reported was: Abort trap"

Any idea on how to solve this? Problem is I wouldn't know what is causing it, as I can't see what is inside the scripts.

A few things that doesn't seem to be working with me:

- It can't set the limit in /etc/virtual/limit - had to do it manually myself
- View Email Usage table remains empty, though there are enough files in /etc/virtual/usage
- Can't change the style, gives me Yikes! I couldn't make all of the changes you requested!

Haven't touched any other configurations, but they also might not work .. :p

Too bad, I would have liked the e-mail monitoring. Also too bad its ioncube encoded so I can't see myself what possible could be wrong. Though I think its a permission issue of some kind.

Last edited:
Back