Email Users and Vacation messages

netmotiv8

Verified User
Hi,

Has anyone done an API to allow email users to change vacation messages. Currently with DA this is not possible without first logging in the control panel which is something we do not wish email users to have access to. If not, can someone create one for me? Will be happy you pay for your time :D

Neil :D

I am almost positive their is not a API for that yet so unless it is included it would be very difficult.

This is causing us a real problem moving across one of our largest clients (email account wise).

Neil :(

Just an FYI, that it can be done manually.

Just create /etc/virtual/domain.com/reply/user.msg with the contents of the message.

Then add the following to the /etc/virtual/domain.com/vacation.conf file:

user:endday=24&endmonth=03&endtime=morning&endyear=2004&startday=23&startmonth=03&starttime=morning&startyear=2004

which means it starts on the morning of March 23rd, 2004 and ends in the morning of the 24th.

John

Hi,

I am surprised no one else requires this feature. Does that mean when vacation messages requires change then the email users do this by contacting there control panel administrator and get them to do it? This does not seem right. This sort of thing should be 'self-service'

How do other DA Admins out there get round this problem?

Neil

:confused:

Hi,

I think this api or email user panel is a good tool for the user system admin.

I was looking for this API, but nothing find and in the api pages on directadmin I can`t find it also :(

When will be the email user panel released?

I wasn't under the impression there were plans for it.

If there arent plans, i think there should be.

To be honest we dont have time to work with APIs and build our own and would rather see a supported version that is part of the skins choices that are available as standard with DA.

Be good to hear what the DA guys have to say on this.

Neil :D

Hello,

If we do, it would even be started for at *least* several months. We starting to design our reseller system (da licenses) which should free up a lot of time for me to work on things like that once it's finished.

John

Hi!

I was just about to switch all my domains to my DA box after configuring and testing the server for about a month. I was pretty sure all the time that the functions for forwarding and auto-replying was to be found in DA, in the same manner as the change password function is. I added the change password function within Squirrelmail, and have been trying to add forwarding and auto-replying as well. But I'm not able to do this without logging into the main user account first.

These two functions are actually pretty useless withing DA, and should definitely be accessible on a per email-user basis. If there are functions for this currently, please let me know so. If not, I hope it will be made available within very short time, as these are very important features for most people.

Thanks!

Back