POP3 rejects main da-user accounts

barryke

Installed DirectAdmin v1.31.5, on CentOS.

I've moved cq. restored users to my new server, and the "username" email account will refuse to work with POP3. No issues found with regular email accounts, they worked out of the box.

Tried a password reset, after which the webmail works fine. Maybe it worked regardless, i dunno. I'm aware this emailaccount doesn't require the @domain.com user suffix.

Searched to no avail. Perhaps related to this?
http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=124795

Last edited:
Is the new system running mbox or Maildir?

What version of the exim.conf file are you running (if not sure post the top seven lines).

And what do you mean by rejects; is the email refused as undeliverable, or are the mailboxes empty?

Jeff

About the problem: I've should have been clearer:
Email gets delivered and can be seen via webmail. DA trows no errors. MS Outlook however will trow a invalid password or user when using POP3 to send/receive. The exact same settings will work however for any other email account on that domain, just not the default-DA-created user's one. Emails are not refused, and the mailboxes are functional.
Perhaps this has to be enabled somewhere after moving this user to a new server since they are handled different?

mbox VS Maildir: OS and DA was pre-installed for me, and after a quick filesearch on root i'd say neither. There are some scsi raid drivers having mbox in the filename however.

First few lines of exim.conf are:
Code:
######################################################################
#                  Runtime configuration file for Exim               #
######### IMPORTANT ########## IMPORTANT ########## IMPORTANT ########
# WARNING! Be sure to back up your previous exim.conf file before    #
# attempting to use this exim.conf file.                             #
#                                                                    #
# Do may not use this exim.conf Exim configuration file unless you   #
Ah i see a minor language mishap on the 7th line there.

Jeff thanks.

Last edited:
I don't think you'll find any directories or files named mbox, but if your server uses Maildir you should find some directories with that name. So if you don't, you're most likely using mbox.

The exim.conf file you're using is a bit old but does run well with mdir.

You say that webmail works. If webmail works the problem is most likely a configuration error in outlook/OE.

Which webmail program are you using? Uebimiau, squirrelmail, or some other?

Jeff

Back