new awstats

ultimategp1

Verified User
Hi i just installed new directadmin and got awstats installed also

but when i go to statistics/logs on directadmin i cant see webalizer anywhere there

i have set both awstats and web to 1

also my folder is still point to /stats is this where its suppose to be?

please let me know about this thanks!

Hello,

AwStats live in the "awstats" folder, and webalizer still live in "stats".
If you have an old domain.com/stats link, it will still point to webalizer.
If you want /stats to point to awstast, you'd have to delete the stats link from your public_html folder, then recreate it again. Or just create /awstats as the link as well.

Webalizer is current not given a link in DA if you have awstats enabled.
If you have webalizer=1, you could just add a link:

<a href="/CMD_WEBALIZER/|domain|/index.html">Webalizer</a>

in your user_stats.html in the skins.. else I could look at adding a 2nd colum in the table in the case both webalizer and awstats are enabled.

John

AWStats is not updating here either.

Check if you are able to update it with:
Code:
echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
/usr/local/directadmin/dataskq d
If not - try to set webalizer=0 and awstats=1 in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf. Then do:
Code:
service directadmin restart
Does it work now?

else I could look at adding a 2nd colum in the table in the case both webalizer and awstats are enabled.
John

Giving the site admin the choice of which stats program to use would be nice...some folks like one, some like the other, not all like whatever I would set as default (kinda like the webmail).

thanks

Thom

Check if you are able to update it with:
Code:
If not - try to set webalizer=0 and awstats=1 in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf. Then do:
Code:
service directadmin restart
Does it work now?
Martynas,

AWStats still does not update nightly.

So, you have a problem with your cron daemon :) Check if it's running and /etc/cron.d/directadmin_cron has a line for tally.

this is what my says is this ok?

* * * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/dataskq
2 0-23/6 * * * root echo 'action=vacation&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue;
#5 5 * * 0 root /sbin/quotaoff -a; /sbin/quotacheck -augm; /sbin/quotaon -a;
10 0 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl && echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
20 4 1 * * root echo 'action=reset&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
0 4 * * * root echo 'action=check&value=license' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

Code:
10 0 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl && echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

Change it to:
Code:
10 0 * * * root echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

Just a note - I had a similar problem. A plugin had changed my directadmin_cron file to the point where it was no longer functioning. I replaced the file with a new one that contained the proper crons and all is well.

Thank you Martynas for helping me figure out the problem!

hey smtalk i did that, now i will just wait to see what happenes :)

another question i have is how to i move my old awstats to this new one? i have copied the .txt files into the new awstats folde into the .data

but the thing is i cant see the old stats :(

please let me know about this asap thanks!

and one more thing my folder is point to /stats is that still ok?

thanks!

Last edited:
ok i think i got the files moved to new awstats from old, but now how do i look at those files from awstats? theres no drop down button that gives you the option to do that :S

I remember reading somewhere on the DA site that Awstats was still in beta testing. I'm currently using the plugin version of Awstats instead because it's been around longer :).

ah ok, so i guess i wont be able to view my past stats?

and also my folder is point to /stats instead of /awstats is that still ok?

I could look at adding a 2nd colum in the table in the case both webalizer and awstats are enabled.

This would be the neatest, sanest option, and gets my vote.

The webalizer link above looks cludgey at best, and downright confusing to the end-user at worst.

Is it ready yet? :)

What about... now?

:)

Back