After upgrade of OpenSSL cutsombuild doens't fine OpenSSL

dreamline

Verified User
Hi All,
I thought I'd upgrade my Openssl to 0.9.8i and rebuild apache and php. However when I use the script customapache or custombuild then it doensn't recognize the OpenSSL version I am running. When I do openssl it seems to open a session, but I can't rebuild apache and php because when I restart the webserver then I get the following error for the PHP4 module:

Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so into server: /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so: undefined symbol: EVP_CIPHER_CTX_block_size

I also see another error: [PEAR] Console_Getopt: Installation failed: invalid package file

Anyone knows how I can fix this..

Thanks for any help... :)

Last edited:
Thanks smtalk, so I decided to start your script custombuild.2 and rebuild everything from scratch to PHP5, but I still have the same problem so is there any solution to fix the problem, cause it wasn't in the post you did reply on..

Right now I've been at it for about 6 hours straight and my webserver is down right now, but I'm calling it quits for tonight...

Hope there is a solution for this though.....

Thanks for any help.. :D

Hi All,
After about 15 hours straight and about 6 hours of sleep I solved my problem. I think it had to do with old openssl libraries still being active. So I deleted every *ssl* I could find and started from scratch beginning with openssl 0.9.8i and then use smtalks rebuild script.

That did the trick... I'm back online again... :D

Thanks for the help smtalk by posting that bug.. :D But I don't think it's a bug, I think it has to do with old libraries of openssl still being present.

I'm happy again.. :D

Back