Roundcube vulnerability ??

r57 script installed

I think the vulnerability may have enabled installation of a rootkit on one of our DA servers. rkhunter reports SHV4/SHV5 installation on this server.

Eventually tracked down a r.php file (which is actually the r57 script) in the temp folder of my roundcube installation. Still looking for a full trail but I am assuming this is part of a roundcube vulnerability exploitation and helped enable root access.

Can anyone confirm that is a likely use of the roundcube vulnerability.

For information, the intruders were running many instances of ftp_scanner software, as root, to dictionary attack ftp servers.

I think it is unlikely but then again one attack may have led to another attack which gave them root.

You have to realize I install DA on average on a weekly basis. I have a file that contains all the things I have to do to not only set DA but all the other things and customizations I have to do. I cannot possibly remember every single thing so I do a lot of copying and pasting.

I paste this line to install DA

Code:
sh setup.sh UID LID hostname eth0

I edit the UID, LID and hostname. I don't have to answer any question. I don't have to edit any options file or config file.
I've started a new thread, here, to discuss possible shortcuts to producing DirectAdmin servers. I'm soliciting ideas and hope you'll look at, and respond to, the new post.

Thanks.

Jeff

Back