Roundcube Update: 0.2

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
First, our sympathies to those affected by this roundcube exploit. What a headache.

If you are using DirectAdmin with the old customapache, please do this:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
wget -O roundcube.sh [url]http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/roundcube.sh[/url]
./roundcube.sh
rm -rf /var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.1*

However, we suggest updating to the newer custombuild. For those with custombuild:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
perl -pi -e 's/clean_old_webapps=no/clean_old_webapps=yes/' options.conf
./build roundcube
./build clean

We suggest regular updates with "clean_old_webapps=yes" set in your options.conf file. DA doesn't automatically update things that require a service to be taken down and compiled. However the custombuild system makes this pretty simple.

Note: Roundcube 0.2 requires php 5.

Any further questions please contact us.

Mark

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the update..

One typo:

./build rouncube
./build roundcube

When I did the build roundcube I got an error at line 6 in file SQL/mysql.update.sql that it can't drop 'idx' is that normal? It still says it was installed successfully though.

Same here:

cp: cannot stat `/var/www/html/roundcube/logs/*': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/var/www/html/roundcube/temp/*': No such file or directory

This instance of RoundCube is up-to-date.
Have fun!

ERROR 1091 (42000) at line 6 in file: 'SQL/mysql.update.sql': Can't DROP 'idx'; check that column/key exists
Editing roundcube configuration...
Roundcube 0.2 has been installed successfully.

Using Custombuild

I didn't tell you to use them :) Sorry for misunderstanding.

Code:
This instance of RoundCube is not yet configured!
Open http://url-to-roundcube/installer/ in your browser and follow the instuctions.

ERROR 1091 (42000) at line 6 in file: 'SQL/mysql.update.sql': Can't DROP 'idx'; check that column/key exists

I got no idea how to access the installer, although roundcube seems to be running fine. Can I safely ignore this error?

How do I check my version of rcube?

ls -la /var/www/html

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Jan 8 14:31 roundcube -> roundcubemail-0.2
drwxr-xr-x 9 webapps webapps 4096 Jan 8 14:31 roundcubemail-0.2

I'm showing .2

Code:
This instance of RoundCube is not yet configured!
Open http://url-to-roundcube/installer/ in your browser and follow the instuctions.

I got no idea how to access the installer, although roundcube seems to be running fine. Can I safely ignore this error?

How do I check my version of rcube?

Yes, you can ignore it. You can check the version by running "./build versions".

i run the update. how do i make sure it really updated?

Code:
cp: `/var/www/html/roundcube/logs/errors' and `/var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.2/logs/errors' are the same file
cp: `/var/www/html/roundcube/logs/sendmail' and `/var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.2/logs/sendmail' are the same file
cp: `/var/www/html/roundcube/temp/212137885545ead1a29dcaf' and `/var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.2/temp/212137885545ead1a29dcaf' are the same file
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.2/program/include/main.inc on line 75

Run: ./build versions. As I said - you can ignore this error and it has been fixed in CustomBuild 1.1.16 and 1.2.10 (not yet on DA servers).

After the update is no longer working on the option 'remember password' for firefox and Internet explorer

How to solve?

Back