Thread: Upgradation of server from 6.1 to 6.3

Upgradation of server from 6.1 to 6.3

Hi,

As we are trying to upgrade our freebsd server from 6.1 to 6.3 . Could anyone let us know whether this will going effect on any package installed by DirectAdmin. Has anyone tried the upgradation to 6.3 using freebsd-update ?
    We would be very much thankful if anyone lighted us about some measure steps to be done for this upgradation.

Thanks in Advance.

SMDA..

It will not affect anything with directadmin. I use cvsup to update I dont know what freebsd-update is.

From what I know the 6.x series is binary compatible with eachother. If you read /usr/src/UPDATING you might find information about whether things will break or not. I -think- that nothing will break.

FreeBSD-update (``freebsd-udate'' on the commandline) is a very handy tool to do binary upgrades between freebsd-releases. I used it extensively at one of my assignments, and it worked fine. See www.evilcoder.org for a description on how to upgrade to 7.1, the same thing goes for 6.1->6.3, or at least the procedure is the same. I cannot entirely say that 6.1->6.3 is supported, but if the tool fetches the proper files.. go for it.

Cheers
    remko
    --
    Cheers,
    Remko
    FreeBSD Committer