Full backup

catch

Hello.
Iám new her and hope someone can help me :confused:.
I want to install my server to take full backup of the entire system and domains, and everything is on the server every day.

Wishes to the backups are automatically deleted after 10 days, so I have the last 10 days available.

Hope to hear from you enyone :) Thanks

Regards
Ali

Directadmin Have the "Admin Backup/Restore" feature
That you can set it to backup everyday to local folder or ftp to another server

but the admin backup will backup entire data of each user but not the system, so if your system crash you will have to reinstall system and directadmin and restore user from backup file.

Admin backup will store file to a specific folder so I solve that by split it to 7 cron for each day to each folder (mon=1 - sun=7) so I will have 7 days backups

Attachments

• 2009-01-30_083541.png
    2009-01-30_083541.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 154
Directadmin Have the "Admin Backup/Restore" feature
That you can set it to backup everyday to local folder or ftp to another server

but the admin backup will backup entire data of each user but not the system, so if your system crash you will have to reinstall system and directadmin and restore user from backup file.

Admin backup will store file to a specific folder so I solve that by split it to 7 cron for each day to each folder (mon=1 - sun=7) so I will have 7 days backups

Hi :)
What is the difference between? "Admin Backup/Transfer" and "System Backup"?

Your backups are stored on / archive/admin_backups/1
My backup are stored on / home/admin/admin_backups/1

Is it ok or should I save bacups other places?

Hi :)

Your backups are stored on / archive/admin_backups/1
My backup are stored on / home/admin/admin_backups/1

Is it ok or should I save bacups other places?

You can save them anywhere your admin user (or reseller) has write privledges. Or, you can write them to another server or datacenter with the FTP option (same rules, admin needs permission to be able to write to that directory, wherever it is.)

The system backup is very configurable and will store whatever you want.

However it does NOT come with a restore function; it's written to be used by systems administrators who know how to manually restore what they need.

Jeff

Back