A valid IP was not provided

MikeVrind

Verified User
Hello,

When I trie to add a new user in DA i'm getting te following message:

Unable to Create User

Details
A valid IP was not provided

In the form which I use to add a new user, i cannot select an IP adres, the selectbox is empty.
When I check the "IP Management" I see te following information:
(See attachment)

Is there something wrong here? Because I'm using DA for a longer time, added multiple users/resellers to the system, but since this morning I'm having this problem.
When I trie to assign the IP to a admin user, DA says that the IP needs a status, but how can I set the status? Is the missing status causing the problems with adding users?

Attachments

• daipman.jpg
    daipman.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
First you need to assign the reseller and make sure it's free or shared. Then inside the reseller you should be able to assign it to a new user.

Jeff

Could u please explain this a little bit better?

Just a week ago I could add new users and domains to DA. Since the last time, nothing has been changed by me, so why sudenly this problem?

I cannot assign the IP adres of our server to the resseler account in DA.
If I try to do this I get the following message:

"ip **** needs a status"

Can I just delete this main IP adres without getting any problems with the client websites on the server and then add the ip adres again to solve the problem?

Edit
Little extra information:

- On my server I have 1 reseller, this reseller contains all of our clients.
- I cannot assign the IP of the server to this reseller.
- When I try to assign the IP, i'm getting the message that the IP doesn't have a status, but I cannot change the status of the IP.
- Within the reseller account, i cannot free or share the ip-adres.
- The IP adres of the server is visible for the reseller.

Everything on the server works, but I really need to add some new domains to the server, hope that this can be solved a.s.a.p.

How can it happen that just a week ago, I could add users to DA, but now, I can't do this? Nothing has been changed in the time.

Last edited:
Short version: something broke.

You can try resetting permissions; that may resolve the problem.

You can find the files in which DirectAdmin keeps the IP#s, and hand edit them.

Both have been discussed in these forums before.

Jeff

How can something just get broken....

Where can I find the files that keeps de IP's? and what do I need to change there?

I'm not sure why I have to look it up when I'm not having the problem and you are; I'd think you should look it up, since it's been discussed in these forums before.

That said: the individual user IP# is listed in /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/USERNAME/user.conf.

All IP#s managed by admin are found in /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ips/* and in /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip.list

All IP#s managed by a reseller are found in /usr/local/directadmin/users/RESELLERNAME/ip.list.

For IP assignments to work properly in DirectAdmin, the contents must be congruent.

Jeff

I had this error too (A%20valid%20IP%20was%20not%20provided - A valid IP was not provided), it was caused by the empty IP variable in the API command sent to the server.

There can be also another error: That%20IP%20does%20not%20exist%20in%20your%20list%3Cbr%3E%0A (That IP does not exist in your list) - the cause of this one was wrong IP of the server, defined in the DA server php API script.

Back