Email Level SquirrelMail Plugin

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Version: 0.5

Due to numerous requests for it, I've taken the Email Level plugin for DirectAdmin, and turned it into a Squirrelmail Plugin.

The plugins has the same functionality as the DirectAdmin plugin.
- Shows the account usage, including the breakdown on the left, below the IMAP boxes.
- Link for "Change Password", and automatically updates the SM session password, so you don't get booted out after changing it.
- Link for "Vacation Message", allowing you to set, update and delete your vacation message through Squirrelmail.

Keep in mind I've never created a Squirrelmail plugin before, so forgive me if I didn't follow any of their rules for creating plugins (just let me know if you spot any violations).

Please don't email us about this plugin, it's provided "as-is", keep all discussion in this thread.

Do not submit this to www.squirrelmail.org. If and when it's time to do so, we'll do it.

If you wish to give the plugin a test drive, run the following:
Code:
cd /var/www/html/squirrelmail/plugins
wget http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/squirrelmail_plugin/directadmin-0.5.tar.gz
tar xvzf directadmin-0.5.tar.gz
chown -R webapps:webapps directadmin
cd ../config
./conf.pl
Type 8 for Plugins.
Type in the number listed beside "directadmin", press enter.
Press Q to quit, and save the config.php (Y)

If you've got DA running in SSL, you'll need to tell the plugin, edit:
/var/www/html/squirrelmail/plugins/directadmin/include/config.php
set:
$da_ssl=true;

same idea for the $da_port value if needed.

If you update your version of SquirrelMail, you'll have to install this again.

Enjoy ;)

John

Here is a screenshot for anyone wanting to know what it looks like.

Attachments

• smdaplug.jpg
    smdaplug.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 2,232
Great job John, looking good. Installation was straight forward, no errors at all. It does not work for main accounts though. Ie. using the username instead of the [email protected] credentials.

Will this be included in custombuild if all tests work out?

Nice, I love it thanks John, I really look forward to it to became stable, fix the little bugs (like the one getUP said) and be included in custombuild. Maybe include it either way via an extra option so if a new squirrelmail (or beta) comes out it automatically updates?

Thanks again

Jose

If you have unlimited space, there will be no bars, as there would be no point to have a graphical representation of x/unlimited.

John

Hmm, fetching the tar.gz file, unpacking it, changing the owner and enabling it in the very latest squirrelmail (via the directadmin scripts) results in a blank page while trying to logon. Something that I did wrong?

We've got random customer complaints that the first login attempt fails, but then login with the exact same credentials the second time. I personally can't reproduce the issue, but we've got more than one unrelated customer complaint over it.

This is only after the plugin/upgrade to the latest squirrelmail version.

Thank you.

Just checked with one user experiencing the issue.

I disabled the DA plugin, same result. So I'm thinking it's got to be a squirrelmail related issue.

Anyone else experiencing this? Ideas?

it's now a year and a half later since this plugin was published - it this still the latest version and functions well with the current squirrelmail version?

Thanks for the info!

Kind regards,

Harro

In addition (tested it, still works fine) - when you have unlimited email space, it does not only leave out the graphics, but it shows the used space to 8 decimal points. That is perhaps a bit over the top :) (and doesn't fit in the column).

Is there a way to make it one decimal (or none)? Thanks for pointers!

Example:

Total Usage: 423.5546875 Meg
of: Unlimited

Inbox: 1.33984375 Meg
Spam: 8 Kb
Webmail: 0 Bytes
IMAP Data: 422.21484375 Meg
Refresh

Last edited:
error 404 in mi page

i have that problem i dont know how to fix et can u help me
i oready have all the html file up i dont know what more to do

send me to mi hotmail a enser pliss

[email protected]

This is a great idea and plugin, what has happened with this?

Is there going to be a stable release ?

thanks
Denny

looks good

I too would like to use this with the latest install of DA and Squirrelmail, and would like to know when and if there is or will be a stable or supported version.

thanks

:cool:

Hello,

I just tested it out yesterday. Still seems to work fine with the current version of SM. I would say it's stable. When I get a chance, I'll add it into the build script.

John

Anyway to disable vacation message? Only want to show disk usage and maybe allow changing password.

Back