awstats and webalizer stopped updating

lowbwtom

Verified User
i was trying to reconfigure awstats to get a custom configuration. now something is totally screwed. no updates for awstats or webalizer since may. i've tried disable/enable through da config, then updates. tried deleting all awstats files, then update again. makes no difference. still screwed and da does not even know it and can't fix it. I want an install/uninstall/repair option like Windows. :confused:

then use windows... lol sorry but your best bet is to remove the programs and reinstall them as they are configured through da. If you need help with this post what you need.

how to uninstall?
how to install?
how to get system to check whether it is installed correctly?
how to run diagnostics on installation?

Processor Name AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 246
Vendor ID AuthenticAMD
Processor Speed (MHz) 297.667
Vendor ID AuthenticAMD
Total Memory 4052248 kB
Free Memory 44984 kB
Total Swap Memory 8008392 kB
Free Swap Memory 7992972 kB
System Uptime 19 Days, 13 Hours and 12 Minutes
Apache 2.2.11 Running
DirectAdmin 1.33.7 Running
Exim 4.67 Running
MySQL 5.1.35 Running
Named 9.3.4 Running
ProFTPd 1.3.2 Running
sshd Running
dovecot 1.1.16 Running

how to uninstall?
If you installed AWStats and/or webalizer through DirectAdmin, then you can overwrite them with a new install. If you installed them some other way than the official DirectAdmin way, then you're on your own.
how to install?
Use DirectAdmin's custombuild facility; search these forums.
how to get system to check whether it is installed correctly?
If they install without error then they've installed correctly. The Linux/Unix/Posix way is to give you an error if something fails. No error message means it didn't fail.
how to run diagnostics on installation?
Actually you can't, because neither AWStats or webalizer will run anything until the server does it's overnight processing.

If you see stats in the morning, then it's working.
Vendor ID AuthenticAMD
Vendor ID AuthenticAMD
Total Memory 4052248 kB
Free Memory 44984 kB
Total Swap Memory 8008392 kB
Free Swap Memory 7992972 kB
System Uptime 19 Days, 13 Hours and 12 Minutes
Apache 2.2.11 Running
DirectAdmin 1.33.7 Running
Exim 4.67 Running
MySQL 5.1.35 Running
Named 9.3.4 Running
ProFTPd 1.3.2 Running
sshd Running
dovecot 1.1.16 Running
None of the above matter in troubleshooting your issue.

Jeff

thanks --

"install the official DirectAdmin way"

Like i said, i tried that. of course, that depends on what you call the "official way." Which forum participant's opinion do i accept as the "official" version? Would be great if there were some real DA documentation for this... These awstats problems have been going on for a long time.

I asked you in order to see what your "official" way would be. Obviously, i've already search the forums, google every possible combination, etc., etc., and found a thousand different answers.

"If they install without error then they've installed correctly."

not really. there are lots of steps in the install where the error returns are not handled very well, plus there don't appear to be any verification steps. basically, it just slams the files where it thinks they ought to be, and says, "okay i'm done." for instance, the crontab setup that runs the update seems to be broken, and it has no idea.

I accept a reasonable amount of trouble (because it IS linux/apache), but I really won't accept having to spend days/weeks becoming a DA/awstats/etc guru in order to uninstall/reinstall a single simple software package. With the millions of installed packages out there today, you would think we would have moved beyond hackerware by now.

thanks --

"install the official DirectAdmin way"

Like i said, i tried that. of course, that depends on what you call the "official way." Which forum participant's opinion do i accept as the "official" version? Would be great if there were some real DA documentation for this... These awstats problems have been going on for a long time.
Unless I'm missing something, then I'd say the answer would be use custombuild. Note I'm working from memory; I'm not logged into a DirectAdmin server right now.
"If they install without error then they've installed correctly."
not really.
Custombuild has been extensively debugged and custombuild-based installs should work. If lthey don't feel free to post in the custombuild forum.
I accept a reasonable amount of trouble (because it IS linux/apache), but I really won't accept having to spend days/weeks becoming a DA/awstats/etc guru in order to uninstall/reinstall a single simple software package. With the millions of installed packages out there today, you would think we would have moved beyond hackerware by now.
Custombuild installs should just work. They do for me, but then again, we don't offer AWStats. If they don't work, then please feel free to post in the custombuild forum; it's monitored by the author of custombuild.

Jeff

Is anyone else out there (new people please) having this problem with install/uninstall issues?

Back