Remote mail server implement

Yolte

Verified User
Hello,

We have more than 80 linux servers. We are using directadmin control panel on servers.

We want to use directadmin's exim service on a remote server.

First server: Web & SQL server
Second server: Email (exim) server

We want to implement directadmin's system for clustering.

1) In current servers, all services in one server. Exim, mysql, web running only on a server. Can we make a script to convert and deconvert mail system local to remote?
2) In new servers can we configure to use remote mail server?

We will pay for this implementation.

We are waiting for your response.

Regards

Clustering is only for dns. It is not what you think it is.

Hello,

Maybe "clustering" is wrong word.

I want to use exim on a remote server.

You know that there is a how to about using remote mysql.

http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=140

We are using remote mysql, it works perfect. And I/O performance is unbelievable.

Somebody can make a bash script to use remote mail server?

Im sure you can create something to do mx records but there is no way your gonna be able to use the mail tools in the control panel to control an external mail server to add mail accounts or anything.

But some coders says that we can do this;

Like this;
1) migrate_remote.sh
* Migrate email accounts to remote server;
* implement user password, email settings (like catchall or user's antispam settings)
* will change dns mx and spf records for migrated accounts.

2) migrate_local.sh
* For example we have a hardware problem on remote mail server, this bash script will create all email accounts on local server.

I'm sure it's doable; it requires that you:

a) create the entire mail system on the local DirectAdmin server, but not use it.

b) use scripts (running under ssh?) to replicate the entire DirectAdmin mail structure on a remote server.

c) make the normal changes to MX.

I don't have the time to implement it; perhaps someone else will.

Jeff

Im sure you can create something to do mx records but there is no way your gonna be able to use the mail tools in the control panel to control an external mail server to add mail accounts or anything.

So you are not sure :D

Anyone have to time do this?

Anything can be done. Its just a matter how much money you are willing to spend.

I cant say here how much i can pay.

If somebody can make this script, please PM me, we can talk about price.

It is possible, though a hell of a job to build. A few things you want to take into account while building:

1. Adding accounts to DirectAdmin; create them on a remote server instead. To remove overhead, DirectAdmin should not create local addresses, though that is impossible.
  2. SpamAssassin changes; DirectAdmin stores them as plain text. You will have to parse them to SQL or rsync them to the remote server.

Something I can do, is make you an offer for a clustered frontend which offloads your current servers. This will handle spam and virusses and can deal with the SpamAssassin parsing as mentioned above. This would require 2 servers in 2 different networks. However, it would still send e-mail to your main servers.

We are extremely busy so unfortunately I can't give you any exact deadlines.

I am trying to build this convert script.

I have installed 2 DA installed server and mounted,

/var/spool/exim
/var/spool/mail
/etc/virtual

To remote server.

I used sshfs network mount system for this.

Now i am trying to create mailboxes on remote server.

This is so complicated, i think i have to create this directories;

/home/user/imap
/home/user/imap/user.com
/home/user/imap/user.com/test
/home/user/imap/user.com/test/Maildir
/home/user/imap/user.com/test/Maildir/cur

And after this, i have to do someting?

SpamAssassin changes; DirectAdmin stores them as plain text. You will have to parse them to SQL or rsync them to the remote server.

Is this information storing on table name "mysql" in phpmyadmin?

Back